2007 jeep grand cherokee cooling system problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 jeep grand cherokee cooling system problems

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
codyhazzard

2007 jeep grand cherokee cooling system problems

My mom recently wrecked her liberty and bought a grand cherokee. It has the 4.7l and has around 70k on it. Shortly after buying it she said when sitting at stop lights or in drive thru's the temp started to climb but when she started moving it cooled right down. The fan seems to be working fine, I heard about the issues they had with the thermostat causing weird issues like this so I changed it and it cured the problem for about a week, now its starting to do the same thing again and I'm not really sure whats left to check. Any suggestions?

codyhazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Water pump; temp sending sensor; radiator drain/chem flush/refill; build up in hoses - lot of components in the cooling system and all important pieces of the overall cooling.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Mine did the same thing when the radiator cracked. Not saying that is the cause, just telling you the symptoms sound familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
2005 WK Limited 5.7 ORT | OME HD | Saguaro Front Winch Bumper| Warn Zeon 10s | 17" Moabs w custom powder coat | 265/70/17 BFG TA KO | 1.5" Spidertrax | AIRAID CAI | Gibson 3" Exhaust | DiabloSport Intune | XD 5000K HIDs | JL Stealthbox w A1300 Amp | Valentine 1

WANTED (PM if Selling): Gobi Roof Rack, 4XG Armor, MyGig RHR & Lockpick, Catch Can, Rear Diff Cover, Weathertechs / Quadratec Mats
ttusqrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.