2007 jeep commander transmission over temp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 jeep commander transmission over temp

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Augustof1973

2007 jeep commander transmission over temp

Truck wouldn't start randomly one day. Had been having a problem with it almost cutting off then power surging and the truck lunging forward but not it not starting. Well this day it wouldn't start but all the lights worked on panel and message read transmission over temp. Had it towed and of course by morning when dealer went to see what was wrong it started right up.we couldn't duplicate problem. Well a month has passed and it randomly wouldn't start after sitting all day at work yesterday. Same message and lights on panel. I waited a few hours and it started up like there was no problem. Then this morning it wouldn't start again with same error message and lights on panel. Tonight we wiggled wires while trying to Start it and it almost turned over. That lead to removing the metal panel underneath to expose the starter. There the wire that connects the starter to solenoid was corroded so we brushed it off. STARTED RIGHT UP!!!!! Hallelujah !!! I'm pretty sure this corrosion is the reason the truck started to lose power then I'd get the power surge and it lunging forward. ... Usually at a stop or idling. FINGERS CROSSED THIS ISSUE IS SOLVED FOR GOOD!! Hope this helps someone!

Augustof1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.