2007 Hemi Crank Position Sensor location? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Hemi Crank Position Sensor location?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
subysti
2007 WK 

2007 Hemi Crank Position Sensor location?

Trying to find the crank postion sensor on my 07 GC 5.7 overland. I found one that looks the same on the passenger side just above the oil pan but I think thats the camshaft sensor. My old 88 cherokee with a 4.0L it was on top of the tranny bell housing and I could see it. I can see the top of the tranny on this thing and cant get my hands there either.

subysti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

no pics , but this is from the service manual

5.7L V-8
The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is located at
the right-rear side of the engine cylinder block . It is
positioned and bolted into a machined hole in the
engine block.
1. Raise vehicle.
2. Disconnect CKP electrical connector at sensor.
3. Remove CKP mounting bolt .
4. Carefully twist sensor from cylinder block.
5. Remove sensor from vehicle.
6. Check condition of sensor o-ring.
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
subysti
2007 WK 

Yea that was it. thanks for the reply. Ive heard they were a PITA to change but the HEMI was easy. right there, took 10 minutes. I just cleared the codes, disconnected the sensor and tried to start it. Read codes again and got crank position error to I figured that was it. Engine was kinda rough before now its real smooth again.
Unread 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subysti View Post
Trying to find the crank postion sensor on my 07 GC 5.7 overland. I found one that looks the same on the passenger side just above the oil pan but I think thats the camshaft sensor......
Quote:
Originally Posted by subysti View Post
Yea that was it. thanks for the reply. Ive heard they were a PITA to change but the HEMI was easy. right there, took 10 minutes. ....
Camshaft position sensor is on the passenger side by the alternator. Reads the tone wheel notches on the front of the camshaft.

Was it a specific DTC that sent you to that particular sensor?
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
subysti
2007 WK 

Was getting intermittent P0320 codes followed by cylinder deactivation codes for 1 3 5 and 8.
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
WieSeL

That's the one. On the passenger side of the block. 10 min. install tops
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
KurtisCummings
2005 WK 

Any suggestions on removing the sensor from the wiring harness? I've been pulling on it for over an hour now with no luck.

I slid the white tab all the way to the side, to where it is essentially hanging out of the black casing. No mater how much I pull on the sensor, it won't release from the harness.

Thoughts?
KurtisCummings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #8
KurtisCummings
2005 WK 

Ended up just cutting the entire harnesses and buying a new harness from Advance Auto

Connected the new harness to the factory wiring, used weatherproof heat seal butt connectors and there we go.
KurtisCummings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #9
Jeep Brian

Thanks guys for this thread, just went out to leave and the jeep wouldn't start. Tried both keys and after 10 min. She started and check engine light and I pulled 2 codes, p0340, p0335. I'm not sure both need to be replaced, but after reading here how easy it is, it makes sense to do both.

Hers: 14 Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi

68 Firebird 350 4 spd #'s matching
Jeep Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.