2007 Grand Cherokee Starting Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Grand Cherokee Starting Issue

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
ouwildman

2007 Grand Cherokee Starting Issue

I purchased a 2007 Grand Cherokee one year ago.

4 instances in the past 3 months this vehicle has failed to start and I have had to tow it to the dealer.

On each occurrence there is no response when I turn the key. Absolutely nothing. The battery is fine and attempting to jump start makes no difference.

The dealer has not been able to determine the root cause. They have replaced a hood switch on for the remote start, reprogrammed the key, cut a new key, and replaced the starter.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

ouwildman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
JKM
2005 WK 

many of us on here, including myself, have had similar issues. Because the symptons are similar to a starter with a dead spot, many have replaced starters, but the issue has been a corrosion in a hard to see spot. On the solenoid of the starter there is a yellow wire and this yellow wire activates the solenoid, which in turn activates the starter. This yellow wire is connected to the solenoid with a butt connector. The problem is that corrosion starts where the female butt connector is crimped to the yellow wire. It's hard to see because there is a black plastic outershell on the connector. My suggestion would be to replace this connector and make it weatherproof. Search on here and you will find lots of information. Search for "yellow wire".
JKM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Gwizzar
2007 WK 

I had the exact problem a month or so ago... follow JKM's advice and do some research... I replaced the yellow connector on July 17th and (knock-knock) have not had a single issue since
()_) ()_)--<>-)_) GW
Gwizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
starting issue , starting problem , starting trouble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.