2007 - Grand Cherokee - Hesitation - already spent $3900.00 trying to fix - HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 - Grand Cherokee - Hesitation - already spent $3900.00 trying to fix - HELP

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 07-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Thielhart

2007 - Grand Cherokee - Hesitation - already spent $3900.00 trying to fix - HELP

2007 Grand Cherokee - Started out with felt like transmission was slipping - $2900.00 later the vehicle now has a hesitation in exceleration. Replaced two coils one injector / spark plugs / fuel filter. Just picked back up and started doing it again. It is not throwing a code that points to a specific problem. Any suggestions any ideas. I luv my Jeep but this is about to brake me.

Thielhart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Which engine?

What did you do for $2900?
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Thielhart

4.7l v8

2900.00 rebuilt transmission
1000.00 tune up / fuel filter / 2 coils / 1 injector

Last edited by Thielhart; 07-19-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Justcurious617

I am going thru the same issue. I bought it to the dealer told them it buckles, transmission slips. I had no warning light but just a "Service 4 Wheel Drive System" They wanted me to by a whole new transfer case and saw nothing else wrong. I took the car back and wanted a second opinion. So was going to bring it in for maintence today and bingo - light popped on, so now waiting for the call to see what exactly is the problem. Will keep you posted but going thru the same thing - hundreds trying to figure this thing out!!
Justcurious617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
modernblueWK

Fuel filter??? Isnt that built in to the pump?
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
Thielhart

Apparently not fuel filter is seperate - also replaced a vent hose ... Code came back up that Injector 2 is bad and that is the one that was just replaced. It's siting at the shop now. I was also told it set alot of ghost codes. Have no idea what that means.
Unread 07-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
twingler
2005 WK 

Question - Do you have a k&N filter? or aftermarket filter that requires oil?
Reason I ask... Sounds like you may simply have a dirty MAF sensor. ( Mass airflow sensor ) It's located in the air intake tube. If the wire sensor has oil residue or dirt on it - then you will result in erratic air/fuel messages to the computer. The sensor is easily cleaned with MAF cleaner ( spray can like throttle body cleaner) DONT USE THROTTLEBODY CLEANER. You can get it at most parts stores. $6-8 a can. remove the air intake tube, remove the sensor and spray the wire clean.
twingler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Thielhart

Yes I have a K&N Filter ...........I will try that. Thank you! Thank you! Anything is wortha try. Will update if it works.
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
mmorlan
2005 WK 

I also have the same issue. It only happens every once in awhile and only when i start it. Its like the car doesn't want to accelerate for a couple of seconds and almost bogs down when you push on gas. Then after the few seconds it runs like a champ. Any suggestions?
mmorlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

If one injector is clogged, then it is entirely possible that other received similar crap too. You may want to consider replacing all injectors. On my WJ the #4 injector stopped working properly. I had that one done at the dealer, and then #8 started causing issues. I did that one and another one in my garage, and all has been good since then. If anything else happens, I am just going to replace all of them.

Injectors all get their input from the same dirty tank. If one is clogged, odds are that others will have issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.