2007 Grand Cherokee headlight problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Grand Cherokee headlight problem

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

2007 Grand Cherokee headlight problem

on my 2007 jeep grand cherokee I have a constant problem where my auto high beam switches between off and on repeatedly. has anyone here had this issue?

Unread 08-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
murderedoutGC
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlord View Post
on my 2007 jeep grand cherokee I have a constant problem where my auto high beam switches between off and on repeatedly. has anyone here had this issue?
is it only when there are cars passing or a light shinning at the jeep?(sounds like you have the auto high beam turned on).
Black Wk Club MEMBER #144
murderedoutGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

yes I have the auto high beam function on. no traffic no lights but the auto hi beam goes off to on off to on repeatedly, even does it during the day while the lights are on.
Unread 08-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
cobra259
2006 WK 

The camera is behide your inside rear view mirror. try cleaning the glass...
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cleaned the camera sensor, still the same issue. On my EVIC, it constantly says automatic headlights on....off.on.off...on........off......on.off.on.of f....

Well you get the gist of it. It is definitely on the control side of things, maybe a bad switch on the stalk? Anyone know exactly how this system works?
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #6
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlord View Post
It is definitely on the control side of things, maybe a bad switch on the stalk? Anyone know exactly how this system works?
I've had this same issue on an old Cadillac I had, and it was a bad light sensor. The light sensor detects the brightness of another cars high beams and dims your headlights.
I thought you could turn off the auto high beams through the EVIC settings? Then you could rule out your stalk, and then get the light sensor tested or replaced.
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
I've had this same issue on an old Cadillac I had, and it was a bad light sensor. The light sensor detects the brightness of another cars high beams and dims your headlights.
I thought you could turn off the auto high beams through the EVIC settings? Then you could rule out your stalk, and then get the light sensor tested or replaced.
I believe the issue to be that it is intermittently turning itself off and on in the settings somehow, or that possibly another part of the system is faulting and shutting it off. My EVIC constantly flashes the settings off to on, even when I bring up the temp it is only momentarily, then back to "off"......" On"...... This is present even when there is no trigger source to dim the lights. I believe its an issue keeping the system switched on. Just a theory tho.
Unread 09-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #8
caulk04
2008 WK 

Just don't leave the high beam switch on (pull it back to low beam). The high beams will stay off regardless of the Auto Beam system that way.
Unread 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes they work that way, low beam only, but wanted to try and troubleshoot it myself and repair it. What separates the low beam from the high beam systems, or what exactly is the switching mechanism for power, and or operation?
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump......
Unread 09-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
colinzj
2006 WK 

The guts of the SmartBeam system are in the mirror itself. If you haven't already tried it, start with the stupid simple stuff: Disconnect the harness from the mirror, give both ends a good hose down with some canned air, and reconnect it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.