2007 Commander 4.7 545RFE trans. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 Commander 4.7 545RFE trans.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
lipsmanly
2007 XK Commander 

2007 Commander 4.7 545RFE trans.

After serviced my transmission which didnt have any problems- I started experiencing slippage from first to second- i figured the new fluid was just working itself in stupid i know- no error codes happened and it would only acted up when it was cold out or it sat for awhile- Well it locked up on me and i brought it to my trusted mechnic becuase i had the service done at a transmission specilist- He found that the filter split- so i called the transmission guys and they came down to look at it becuase they didnt believe me- so i towed it to the tranny place and they changed the filter and charged me the same price- Now i am getting 2nd gear ratio codes -P0732 brought it back to them and they could feel the slipage in 2nd and sent me on my way- I brought it to the dealer to see if there were any software updates for the TCM and ECM and they didnt find any- the error code was still on the jeep when i brought it in and they new my issue and didnt ask if i wanted them to run a 2nd gear ratio Diagnostic Test i find that wierd- after reading all of the problems and buying the service manual- it sounds like the transmission techs might not know how to change the filter correctly because it sounds like it is different then ordinary filters and could be the cause- Well i am in to this for a thousand already and wanted to see if anyone knows a Jeep specilist in Mass that would follow the service manual to the letter and get me fix before i have major damage if they havent damaged the clutch already- any advise would be apprecitated

lipsmanly is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.