2007 CC Overland DRL?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2007 CC Overland DRL??

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

2007 CC Overland DRL??

Hi Folks
I have a 2007 GC Overland and believe in Daytime Running Light, The US version does not offer DRL but in Canada you can get it – its a requirement. I drive with my headlight on all the time but would just like the front lights to come automatically. I Email Jeep and there answer was We do not offer in the US - not a good answer. I looked at the wiring diagram and the only thing I can see is the "Module - Front Control" would have the capability.
Is that correct and what is the part number of Canadian version?
thanks
Bill

Last edited by 2007GC Overland; 05-24-2007 at 07:59 PM..
2007GC Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
T-Rated

Rumor has it that it's a computer setting. You'll have to buddy up with your service manager to see if they can turn this on. I think there are some extra "features" that happen when you turn DRL on, but I don't recall what they are.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Dan-67
2011 WK 

Check out www.wkjeeps.com for a good explaination to this issue.
Dan-67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

Hi Folks
it was good site and good information. So I went to dealer because I set a SES light - gas cap issue. However when I was there they were willing to set the DRL flag but the problem is they had no idea how to do it. They tried and even print out the options for my car by VIN. Does anybody what flag or what has to set because the dealer did not but was more than willing to do it?
thanks
Bill
2007GC Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
jeep_on

Seeing as the WK has the CAM-Bus system, it mite be a little different than it was on the WJ. You know, you mite conceder calling a Canadian Dodge / Jeep dealer and asking them.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
vtbert3
2006 WK 

temporary solution could be to set headlights to auto and put electrical tape of the photo-eye on the dash. This will trick it into thinking it is dark out, however, your running lights will also come on.
vtbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.