2006 Laredo Middle Seat Belt Stuck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2006 Laredo Middle Seat Belt Stuck

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
06gcrotor

2006 Laredo Middle Seat Belt Stuck

The middle seatbelt in the rear seat is stuck. I can't pull any slack, but I can fold the seat down and get about 3in of slack. Should I try to fix the belt myself, or just take it to the dealer? (It's out of warranty) If not, then how do I get the seat covers off?

06gcrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
robpp

search on it. the little limiter button has most likey snapped off. there is a thread tells how to take it apart, and how to fix it.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

Try this thread.
Texas WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

this takes a special tool, supposedly only from the dealer. Mine's been stuck like that for about 2 years now. Never have anyone riding in the middle back there...it's not covered by warranty either. I'm sure with a little improv we could take care of it ourselves.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
06gcrotor

Perfect, I unbolted the seat, removed the anchor bracket to give slack, and it came loose. Thank you very much.
06gcrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
merlinTec

thanks for the update.
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
CaptianGambu
2006 WK 

I know this is a year later but this post helped me out so much. I was ready to tear the seat apart until I came across this. I actually had to slam the door into the upright position for it to come loose.
CaptianGambu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

I agree with previous poster, had the same problem with my 06, this thread explained it all, thanks!
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
mort1mor

Same problem one day, but unfortunately I was in a bad mood end result ( gerber vs seatbelt= gerber won) had to go to junkyard and get on along with a few other minor parts and put the belt in cost. 20$ so try it but not suggested.
mort1mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
shadetreemech13

Jeep seat rear center belt stuck

I have a 2006 Jeep GC with the same problem. Here is the answer. The center belt has a device in it for child seats. If you pull the belt out almost all the way the device toggles and the belt latches for use with a car seat. If you pull a little more it is suppose to toggle back and the belt goes back to normal operation. However this gear assembly is made of a very light weight plastic, So it the gears jumps a tooth without pivoting the assembly it will be forever stuck in this mode. Also the center drive gear for this assembly is made of the same plastic and just pressed onto the steel shaft. So if it works its way the least bit off the shaft the high teeth on the gears will not bind and the assembly will not toggle. Thus leaving you stuck in this mode forever. Bad design..... I am not buying another because I am sure in time it will be doing the same thing.
pic-004.gif   pic-003.gif  
shadetreemech13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.