2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 08-05-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
xoxbribri

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hey guys,

I have posted here before in regards to buying a JGC however none of those deals were actually good ones. I gave up looking and held on to my 2009 Mercedes C300. A couple weeks ago I took it to the dealer to get the windshield washer reservoir fixed and it wound up costing almost $500, so I'm now back to looking for a GC. The one I found is listed an 06 JGC Laredo with 67k miles on it for $9500. I have checked the carfax as well as looked up the vin in other places and everything is coming back great (1 owner, no accidents etc.). Is this car worth buying?

Also, with regular maintenance approximately how long do you think this car will last? I do have 24/7 access to a body/repair shop (yay for brother in laws, wholesale prices & very little labor charges!!) so maintaining it won't be a huge issue.

I attached two pictures of the car.

Please note that if I do buy this car the bumper bar is NOT staying. I know it's designed for protection, but I personally think that particular one is hideous.

Thanks for any and all help

njho6c9.jpg   a7qfmqa.jpg  
xoxbribri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
RCS1300
2005 WK 

Figure you will need to do a round of maintenance when you get it depending on the P.O.'s upkeep. Shocks, struts, maybe brakes, fluids, plugs, etc.

Set aside about $2,000 to bring it current and about $1,200/year on average for maintenance and repairs. This assumes it is Dealer Serviced. If you do the work cut those costs in half.

Well maintained I know the engine and transmission go to at least 150,000 miles.

If you want something a little more inexpensive to maintain and repair four cylinder manual transmission Honda's and Toyota's are the way to go.
RCS1300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #3
nighowl2000
2014 JK Wrangler 

the V6 4x4 3.7 JGC is a little less maintenance all be it under powered, but people are getting 250k miles out of them.

her's: 2010 commander sport 3.7L 4x4
nighowl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

I have an '06 GC with the 4.7L V-8, just over 170k on it now. Still purrs like a kitten. -knock on wood-
Blk WK member #174
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.