2006 Jeep Commander Ltd 5.7L
Please forgive me for what are likely naive and unnecessary questions...
I have a 2006 Commander with 5.7L, I have just passed 106K, and with it paid off and the body in excellent condition I would really like to take it to 200k and beyond.
My question's are as follows...
- I am going to take it to a local Auto Service (I know the owner and TRUST HIM), besides the normal regular oil change, I am going to have him do the following:
- Tune-Up, new plugs, pcv, fuel filter, anything else?
- Throttle and Induction System Service
- Replace Front Differential Mount Bushings ( get a clunk when I let off gas)
- Replace Master Switch on steering columns (Fog Lamps dont work I have checked everything else it could be)
- Replace Climate Control Module (Controls don't work almost all lights are out)
- Rotate & Balance Tires (New from him in Spring 2012)
I am going to ask him to check and advise me on the following:
- Front Alignment, Shocks, Tie Bars, and Struts
- Wheel Bearings (Replaced Pass. Rear when I did brakes last year)
- Brakes - Complete Brake job new rotors etc in 2013.
- Exhaust System - Manifold to Tailpipe
- ? Service Transfer Case (done in 2012)
- Tranny & Filter
- Check all lights Interior & Exterior
I am not auto mechanic handy, and would prefer to have someone to take the vehicle back to if something isn't working, I know he will stand by his work and he isn't going to jab me like a dealership, in fact he told me I could bring my own parts with me and he would just charge for Labor. Before I do this I will go to the dealership and get the Recall taken care of first.
Is there anything in my ignorance that I have neglected to include in my list, I really like my Commander and the idea of NO car payments, while I would love to get a new Cherokee Trailhawk, now is no the time and if I can get to 200k and beyond with my present Commander I can likely pay cash for a 2017 or 18 new car.
I appreciate any help or suggestions any of you veterans can make?