Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2006 GC Fog Lights

746 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  caw 
#1 ·
I just purchased my wife and I 1st Jeep GC and are happy with it so far. I want to add fog lights and it looks as if the plugs are already there but I don't see a switch inside. If I add fog lights will I need buckets for them to sit in and also a switch or are they wired to turn on and off with the headlights?

Thank you in advance for any answers and being a new first time owner I'm sure I will have plenty more questions.:cheers2:

#2 ·
#3 ·
If you use the factory lights (available as an accessory kit fairly inexpensively), it's mostly plug and play: Install and plug in the lights, replace the turn signal stalk, and have the dealer enable the fogs.

If you go aftermarket you'll have to run your own wiring, figure out a method of mounting, and find someplace to mount a switch, but it shouldn't be horrible if you're comfortable with that.

#4 ·
Thank you for the info. I have no problem running new wires I just thought I could use the existing wiring and save some time. If I replace the stalk is there anything that would need to be plugged in to the new stalk other than what is already there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.