2005 WK Hemi starting issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK Hemi starting issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
LelandGray
2005 WK 

2005 WK Hemi starting issue

We just purchased our WK about 4 weeks ago, and so far so good.

This morning my wife goes to leave for the gym and the WK won't start. All the accessories come on, but when she turned the key just a click. I told her to make sure it was for some reason not in Park, and it was.

Our neighbor was home and has a battery charger, so he charged it for a little bit and after that the WK started right up.

When I got home from work, I took the WK up to the local auto parts store and they tested the battery, alternator, and starter with their little AutoMeter tester and everything passed with flying colors.

Any ideas on why the WK wouldn't start this morning? I figured battery or starter, but they both checked out.

The guy behind the counter said sometimes that just happens, and could have even been due to a drop in the temperature, although the WK is parked in a garage and it wasn't that cold last night.

Thanks in advance.

LelandGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
LelandGray
2005 WK 

I had trouble again this morning. Turned the key the 1st time, nothing but a click. Then the second time it started up... :-/
LelandGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
rneal55555
2006 WK 

I'd bet it's the starter, went through it with our 06 last spring it was an interment thing for awhile and would usually start after a bit. I finally replaced the starter and so far (6 months or so) no more issues.

I did some searches on here and it seemed fairly common.
rneal55555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.