2005 Wk heater core - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 Wk heater core

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

2005 Wk heater core

I'm buying my new heater core tomorrow. Is there a right up on here on the easier way to do it? I'm wanting to just take the passenger side parts off if possible. Any help would be great. Thanks

jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

No way around it the dash must come out and the AC system evac'd then recharged after your done(correctly).
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
No way around it the dash must come out and the AC system evac'd then recharged after your done(correctly).
I believe there's a way around that and no AC evac.
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
wski440

There is a cheat, but it involves cutting some support brackets on the passenger side dash. I recently did this and have bolted the supports back together. Search for grand cherokee heater core cheat and there are a couple you tube videos showing the process.
wski440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wski440 View Post
There is a cheat, but it involves cutting some support brackets on the passenger side dash. I recently did this and have bolted the supports back together. Search for grand cherokee heater core cheat and there are a couple you tube videos showing the process.
Heck I've about got it done. Just got it about an hour ago. Fairly easy to do. Wouldn't ever pay anyone what they charge to do that job! Only pulled the passenger side dash back and took a right angle drill with a step bit and drilled out the spot welds. Put everything back together and put some rivets on the brackets I drilled out. She works like a charm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.