2005 WK EGR Valve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK EGR Valve

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
mjjopling
2005 WK 

2005 WK EGR Valve

Check engine light just came on for the EGR Valve. Anything I should look out for when I replace it, or anything else that should be replaced at the same time? Jeep has 87k on it. Thanks.

'05 WK Limited 4.7L

mjjopling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Common for the EGR to need replacing at that mileage... actually its a little sooner.. but you got good life out of it. Im sure mine is around the corner anytime soon. You can also check your belt as well.
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
BonesWK
2006 WK 

anyone have a picture of an egr valve? and where is sits in the engine?

looks like I might have to look into this with 85k on the clock
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
CmmdrDan

A.J. where is the egr located on the 3.7? I had thought i found it but was told otherwise..it was2for3 that told me that show it doesn't mean much to me..
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Ill get a picture... but im stuck in traffic right now.
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
CmmdrDan

well hop out and send it on its way!
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Dan, quick hijack/question, who the heck is your avatar?
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
Chive On
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
CmmdrDan

haha. i can't spell his name. let me look it up for you.
His name is Schnitzel..like the food. It from this show my girlfriend got me watching. haha yes its a kids show. It's called Chowder. Schnitzel is a rock monster and all he says is Rada..its actually pretty entertaining. I have to try watching it drunk..
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
mjjopling
2005 WK 

Cool. Thanks. I know it's not a big deal but most of the stuff I work on is too old to worry about all this emissions and electronic stuff so I was just curious. I'm prob going to do the plugs soon and flush the diffs, trans and transfer case.
mjjopling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Alrighty, here is a pic of where it is... Essentially next to your fuse block, I need to clean mine

Edit: You should be proud of me Dan, instead of stopping by Chic Fil A or Bojnagles, I went straight home to take this pic for you.
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Alrighty, here is a pic of where it is... Essentially next to your fuse block, I need to clean mine

Edit: You should be proud of me Dan, instead of stopping by Chic Fil A or Bojnagles, I went straight home to take this pic for you.
an easy swap out im guessing?

and thanks AJ im wanting Bojangles now.
Chive On
Unread 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
CmmdrDan

haha Thats what i thought was the EGR. I had 2 people tell me it wasn't. One of those people was the aforementioned..So I took the other person serious.
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Jeffs3232
2006 WK 

I don't think that I'd the EGR. I thought on the 5.7 it was on the passenger front side bottom and on the 4.7 it is on the driver side rear of the engine. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didnt think that was the EGR part based on the pics I have seen.
Jeffs3232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
kiesha
2006 WK 

Hi,

That one on picture is solenoid it part of system but egr is at the rear of engine.

It's very hard to get changed trust me! My mechanic was there for 90 minutes to get it proper changed.

Good Luck.
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #15
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Recommend you re-examine. That picture looks like my emissions system vent solenoid valve. Think your Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve is on left rear of the engine. HEMI has it on right front of engine.

See this link: http://www.justanswer.com/jeep/3ke6x...e-located.html for more info.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.