2005 WK DVD System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK DVD System

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Popov4u
2005 WK 

2005 WK DVD System

I ask the following question at the risk of sounding stupid...

I put a DVD into the factory DVD unit and sound comes from all of the speakers. Any chance of seperating it so I can listen to music up front and DVD in the back? I REALLY don't want to listen to cartoons for a 6 hour car ride both ways.

Otherwise, I see there are RCA jacks on the DVD player. I should be able to get an RCA to female AUX port then a male to female-female splitter for the kids to plug in their headphones, correct?

Unread 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Mitkch
2007 WK 

Not sure about separating the sound front/back, but I'm pretty sure the RCA jacks on the DVD player are for input only, and wouldn't produce any sound to the headphones.

I have a similar inquiry to yours, sorry to hijack... But I don't even know how to run the sound from DVD player to the speakers.. I thought it could only go through the headphones that weren't included when I bought the Jeep... Needless to say because of that, I've never used the DVD player in my 2.5 years of ownership..
Mitkch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
jerryk
2005 WK 

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_dvd.htm

I think you can change it with the remote control, but you would need the headphones. I don't think you can separate front from back.
jerryk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.