2005 WK DVD System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK DVD System

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Popov4u
2005 WK 

2005 WK DVD System

I ask the following question at the risk of sounding stupid...

I put a DVD into the factory DVD unit and sound comes from all of the speakers. Any chance of seperating it so I can listen to music up front and DVD in the back? I REALLY don't want to listen to cartoons for a 6 hour car ride both ways.

Otherwise, I see there are RCA jacks on the DVD player. I should be able to get an RCA to female AUX port then a male to female-female splitter for the kids to plug in their headphones, correct?

Unread 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Mitkch
2007 WK 

Not sure about separating the sound front/back, but I'm pretty sure the RCA jacks on the DVD player are for input only, and wouldn't produce any sound to the headphones.

I have a similar inquiry to yours, sorry to hijack... But I don't even know how to run the sound from DVD player to the speakers.. I thought it could only go through the headphones that weren't included when I bought the Jeep... Needless to say because of that, I've never used the DVD player in my 2.5 years of ownership..
Mitkch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
jerryk
2005 WK 

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_dvd.htm

I think you can change it with the remote control, but you would need the headphones. I don't think you can separate front from back.
jerryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.