2005 WK - AC Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK - AC Problem

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
mtthoward

2005 WK - AC Problem

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee and my AC is acting up. The fan only comes on when I turn it to the highest setting, so it's either Off or very high. What could this be? Unfortunately I'm out of my warranty period, so is it something a handy person could fix themselves or should I take it in for service? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Matt

mtthoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
Well it would be nice to know make if it’s auto zone control or manual.
Anyway I put together some info for you that should help both are behind the glove box hope it helps
If it’s auto control 4 pin plug on the blower module
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 blower motor control
Pin 4 live (relay out)
Check for lives and earths first ( but this should be ok as for fan does run on fast speed)
With an LED tester (PLEASE NOT A TEST LAMP OR VOLT METER) and module plugged in back probe pin3 (try not to damage the wire) the LED will flash at different speeds based on the how fast you set the dial. This shows that the control unit is ok and that your fault will be the module.

If manual control 4 pin plug on resistor
A blower motor M2 speed
B blower motor M1 speed
C blower motor Low speed
D blower motor high speed
Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all of the blower motor resistor terminals. In each case there should be continuity.
Regards,
Merlin

Last edited by merlinTec; 09-08-2007 at 01:12 PM..
merlinTec is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.