2005 WK 5.& Hemi Exhaust Manifold Torque Specs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK 5.& Hemi Exhaust Manifold Torque Specs?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
SnakeEnterprise

2005 WK 5.& Hemi Exhaust Manifold Torque Specs?

Hey there guys, just finished up with a complete, both exhaust manifold/gaskets/studs project on my 2005 WK 5.7L Hemi Limited. Just wondering what the factory torque specs are for the manifold studs. Ive got them to about just passed snug right now, and they definitely leak still.

Thanks!

SnakeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
Snow4Lif3
2005 WK 

According to the service manual :

Exhaust Manifold to Cylinder Head : 25 N.M 220 In Lbs

Did you changed your manifold because of a leak/broken bolt ? What was the symptoms ?
2005 WK 5.7L Limited QDII | Superlift | 1" Bora wheel spacers | Moab wheels | BFG A/T 285/70R17E | MDS light | SuperChips FlashPaq | Taylor Shorties wires | BT catch can | Volant CAI | Gibson Catback | S4xC Front Shackles | Anodized blue painted calipers | Stillen Rotors & Pads | 25W Cree LED Backup Reverse | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog | ....
Snow4Lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
modette
2005 WK 

Yep, my right (passenger) manifold leaks. Sounds like a Diesel. One project I'm not doing looks tight in there but while I was installing the JBA Upper Arms and had the fender liner out a few days ago I saw that a bolt head was snapped off...so at least there is a stud. I drive maybe once a week, maybe 100 miles...so It's on the back burner for me...Call around in Dec and have it fixed in January. What does a shop typically charge for this service? Looks to be a real PITA to get too on the 5.7L.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
SnakeEnterprise

I changed out the Manifolds/Gaskets because of leaks on both sides. The passenger side had two broken bolts, the top and bottom at the rear of the manifold. The driver side had one broken bolt at the top rear of the manifold. PITA for sure. Pretty pissed that it's still leaking to be honest. Will hopefully have the time to get back in there next week.

Not a good start to owning the vehicle, we'll see I guess.
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
SnakeEnterprise

Thanks for the info btw
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
modette
2005 WK 

So you probably have a warped manifold if it still leaks!!!!

So how bad was the right side (passenger) doing it yourself?
modette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
SnakeEnterprise

I replaced both Manifolds so I don't think that a warped one is the problem.

Passenger side is the easier side. Hardly any room on the Drivers
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
schwagn
2005 WK 

What all did you end up having to remove to get the manifolds replaced? Did you have to raise or lower the engine at all? Mine are leaking also and I'd rather do it myself but for this one I'm thinking I'd rather pay someone. I can barely get my hands in between the manifold and frame on the drivers side, and can't see how to get all the studs loose much less maneuver the manifold out of that space. And I'd be SOL if I broke a stud off in the head.

Thanks!

Also sucks that yours still leaks. Did you get it fixed?
schwagn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have recommended you buy the LX manifolds. They're more efficient than the stock WK's, but you'd require slight head pipe mods. Probably help the fuel economy and the performance a little. Here's a thread I did on the differences:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...-7-wk-1174042/
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.