2005 WK 4" Superlift Kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 WK 4" Superlift Kit?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

2005 WK 4" Superlift Kit?

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased an 2005 WK 5.7 QDII Limited 4x4 last Thursday. Yes, I have searched the forums, the link in the FAQ's for Lift Kits doesn't work anymore. And my head is starting to spin trying to read old posts that might not be valid anymore.

I am pretty much set on the Superlift 4" lift kit. Is it still available? If so, where can I order it from. (Only place I've seen so far is Quadratec.com?) Are there any other complete Lift Kit Options available? Zone's kit looks kinda crappy. JBA seems too expensive for an upgrade kit. I would want to fit at least 33" Tires.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm a newbie at this but I think my first modification should be Lift Kit and Tires, then start to plan for the Rock Sliders and Front/Rear Bumpers. Thanks in advance!

- Dyno

DK2005WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Send a PM to Kolak, great vendor and he is the one i ordered my kit from. The Superlift kits are still currently backordered though.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

LOOKING TO BUY: 4XGUARD SKIDS, SUPERCHIP 3870/3872, CATCH CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Jeep's prefer the company of other Jeep's over that of other vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Jeepforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

Thanks! How are you gaining the 6" from the modified superlift? Are you using the Icon Coil Overs or just bilstein struts/OME Springs? I would like to go 6" too if that is possible without creating too much strain on the suspension.
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I have a RC 2" spacer lift right now and I am going to be using the Superlift 4" rear coils along with the rear RC spacer to gain 6" in the rear and then I am going to run Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts up front along with the Superlift spacer to gain the 6" up front
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
atarijedi
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2005WK View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased an 2005 WK 5.7 QDII Limited 4x4 last Thursday. Yes, I have searched the forums, the link in the FAQ's for Lift Kits doesn't work anymore. And my head is starting to spin trying to read old posts that might not be valid anymore.

I am pretty much set on the Superlift 4" lift kit. Is it still available? If so, where can I order it from. (Only place I've seen so far is Quadratec.com?) Are there any other complete Lift Kit Options available? Zone's kit looks kinda crappy. JBA seems too expensive for an upgrade kit. I would want to fit at least 33" Tires.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm a newbie at this but I think my first modification should be Lift Kit and Tires, then start to plan for the Rock Sliders and Front/Rear Bumpers. Thanks in advance!

- Dyno
If you go to the SuperLift website, they have lists of dealers, so there might be one in your area. You might even be able to buy it from SuperLift themselves. http://www.superlift.com/dealers/

Also, you can buy it, rebranded, from the MOPAR website. It's like an extra $400 though, lol.

I'm in the same position as you, I am just trying to determine where to go to have the Lift installed, as I can't do it myself, supposedly the SuperLift kit involves some welding.

Here is the installation instructions, in case you want to look it over > http://www.superlift.com/instructions/5150.pdf
atarijedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarijedi
If you go to the SuperLift website, they have lists of dealers, so there might be one in your area. You might even be able to buy it from SuperLift themselves. http://www.superlift.com/dealers/ Also, you can buy it, rebranded, from the MOPAR website. It's like an extra $400 though, lol. I'm in the same position as you, I am just trying to determine where to go to have the Lift installed, as I can't do it myself, supposedly the SuperLift kit involves some welding. Here is the installation instructions, in case you want to look it over > http://www.superlift.com/instructions/5150.pdf
Superlift stopped selling the kit themselves, only outside companies and vendors do now. And yes It does require some welding which is why I'm taking it to a friends shop haha
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

x2 for Kolak. Got mine from him as well and he will get you hooked up with everything you need and be able to answer any questions you may have.

WANTED: Steel Armadillo Sliders/Rock rails.
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post

Superlift stopped selling the kit themselves, only outside companies and vendors do now. And yes It does require some welding which is why I'm taking it to a friends shop haha
Negative, Superlift is now focusing on direct to customer and vendors, they quite doing business with large distributors.
OME HD / Bilsteins / RRO UCA / Toyo AT2 on Moabs / Volant / Viper TB / Powerwire / TB Ground / Sprint Booster / JKS Rear Discos / Asfir Skid / Apsen Creek Skid / Front Shackles / Rear Sliders / Cobra CB / S4xC Antenna Mount w/ 2' Firestix
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk
Negative, Superlift is now focusing on direct to customer and vendors, they quite doing business with large distributors.
Oops haha sorry got it backwards
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Superlift is also shifting all component manufacturing to the US, no more made in china parts! Which is why the WK kit is backordered, they have had some issues finding a reliable manufacturer for the knuckles.
OME HD / Bilsteins / RRO UCA / Toyo AT2 on Moabs / Volant / Viper TB / Powerwire / TB Ground / Sprint Booster / JKS Rear Discos / Asfir Skid / Apsen Creek Skid / Front Shackles / Rear Sliders / Cobra CB / S4xC Antenna Mount w/ 2' Firestix
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

I would also agree that Kolak will be able to get you the best price. Also I received my kit after a lengthy back order, but seeing as I received it last month I would have thought the were back on track. One huge not of advice, when the lift is installed it may change the angle of the front differential. Be sure to have the shop or who ever does the lift, Check or preferably top off the fluid level, mine grenaded and that is the only reason I can believe it would have happened, seeing that it has no signs of leaking, and I routinely have it serviced.
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

I thought the Super Lift corrected the angles of the front differentials with drop brackets to keep it to factory specs?
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Superlift is also shifting all component manufacturing to the US, no more made in china parts! Which is why the WK kit is backordered, they have had some issues finding a reliable manufacturer for the knuckles.
Good to hear! Maybe when I order my lift (just after the new year) I will have missed the "made in China" part distribution and get something with quality from North America.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04
Good to hear! Maybe when I order my lift (just after the new year) I will have missed the "made in China" part distribution and get something with quality from North America.
I don't think you will have to worry about the "made in China" lol I've been on the back order list since September so I'm assuming it's because they had already gotten rid of the china made products and waiting for USA made products. Hopefully they will all get shipped out soon though!
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
atarijedi
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
I don't think you will have to worry about the "made in China" lol I've been on the back order list since September so I'm assuming it's because they had already gotten rid of the china made products and waiting for USA made products. Hopefully they will all get shipped out soon though!
It is important for people who live in Canada or Mexico though. If all the parts in the kit are made in the USA, than there won't be any extra duty fees.
atarijedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.