Just a quick thanks. I am not a mechanic and this was probably the biggest job I've done solo. Normally I wouldn't post anything but I feel like the Bears just won the Superbowl!
Fixed a leak in one of the lines using the info from the thread. I used a mini tubing cutter
($6 from autozone) and 12" of 3/8 fuel line with clamps ($5 autozone). I guess my cuts were around #2 and #3 from the shortysmash's photo. There was a pinhole leak coming from the metal section which produced a lot of fluid, so I just cut that section out and replaced it with the fuel line. Easy and fast once I located the area leaking and purchased the parts.
pretty sure I saved well over $500 including the trans filter, fluid and gasket change (which I originally thought was the culprit).