2005 jeep wk (cel) error codes p0300 & p0406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 jeep wk (cel) error codes p0300 & p0406

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
myct90
2005 WK 

2005 jeep wk (cel) error codes p0300 & p0406

Hi All,
My check engine light just came on. Error codes are 300 & 406. I know that 300 is a random cylinder misfire & 406 relates to the EGR valve. Just wondering if anyone has experience with BOTH of these codes triggering at the same time. I bought the car with 70k, now has 85k, and thought there was a tune-up performed at 60K but can't find the receipt from the previous owner.

I just disconnected the battery to reset the CEL and will wait to see what happens.

Engine seems pretty smooth, gas mileage seems the same as when I bought it. Every once in a while though when I start it up, put it in drive, and give it gas it delays for a very brief second and it's barely noticeable.

So, I figure I may just need a tune-up but thought I'd check if anyone here has run into these two codes. Thanks!!!

John
2005 Jeep GC 4.7

myct90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.