2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Brake Issue Information - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Brake Issue Information

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
JCAllison

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Brake Issue Information

Hey All,
First let me say that YOUR forum is hot when it comes to registering. Efficient. Easy.

Have a bit of a problem. A friend up in Dallas, somehow (I don't know the circumstances) got Power Steering Fluid in the Master Brake Cylinder. Have done some research on this particular anomaly, and the prognosis was not very encouraging.

What needs to be found out is what all has to be done to eliminate this condition and make the vehicle once again safe to drive?

The guy who owns the JGC is a pretty sharp guy and could probably fix it if he had some guidance.

Or of course, this might not be that easy of an issue to resolve and might take professional attention.

So my question to you all is:

"Is there any full set of instructions on how to completely rebuild the brake system?" and

"Is this something that a reasonably intelligent and mechanically inclined person could do if properly instructed?"

Anyway, hope this finds you all doing well.

JC

JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.