2005 Jeep 4.7 WK Performance Chip HELP!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 Jeep 4.7 WK Performance Chip HELP!!!!!

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
05JeepMan
2005 WK 

2005 Jeep 4.7 WK Performance Chip HELP!!!!!

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this form but I wanted to reach out for help. I recently purchase the Flashpaq 3872 for my jeep. Unfortunately I kept getting error code G-36 which according to super hips means my jeep is on the blacklist and they do not support my jeep. This means that my ECM Engine PIN ended in AA vs not which apparently is the problem. I am asking for help because I would really love to tune my jeep. It has a K&N cold air intake and a flow master exhaust system. It sounds great but the speed and pick up is just not there. Don't get me wrong I love my jeep I just want more. I was so excited reading the reviews of the Flashpaq as the tunes sounded amazing.
So the question, does anyone know of another tune/chip I can use for my car or has anyone run into the same issue.

Thanks for all your help.

05JeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Dylon531
2005 WK 

Have you called them? I have the 3872 for my 05 4.7 and it works great ive had no problems with it
Dylon531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05JeepMan View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this form but I wanted to reach out for help. I recently purchase the Flashpaq 3872 for my jeep. Unfortunately I kept getting error code G-36 which according to super hips means my jeep is on the blacklist and they do not support my jeep. This means that my ECM Engine PIN ended in AA vs not which apparently is the problem. I am asking for help because I would really love to tune my jeep. It has a K&N cold air intake and a flow master exhaust system. It sounds great but the speed and pick up is just not there. Don't get me wrong I love my jeep I just want more. I was so excited reading the reviews of the Flashpaq as the tunes sounded amazing.
So the question, does anyone know of another tune/chip I can use for my car or has anyone run into the same issue.

Thanks for all your help.
Can you get the flashpaq to even connect ? If so you should be able to get into the vehicle info menue and it will tell you what the VIN number is that's programmed into the PCM . Match that up with the actual dash VIN number and see that they match . Someone (dealer) may have written the wrong VIN number into the PCM .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
05JeepMan
2005 WK 

yes and they saids that it it not supported.I called superchips and they told me it has to do with the very early 05 jeep produced. My ECM Engine pins ends in AA vs not ending in aa which it the problem i guess.
Unread 08-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
98jgc
2005 WK 

Do you know when your Jeep was actually made ? MM / YY
98jgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98jgc View Post
Do you know when your Jeep was actually made ? MM / YY
Should be on the drivers side door I think.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
Should be on the drivers side door I think.
Yep!!
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
98jgc
2005 WK 

mine is Feb 2005 what is yours ?? I'm contemplating getting this set up but leery update ?
98jgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
robpp

check with diablo if you have the hemi.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #10
beber
2005 WK 

I have the Flashpaq as well for my 2005 4.7L jeep. It tuned it once and then I could never change it back. Superchips was not able to resolve the issue. I just posted about this tonight. At least I'm not the only one, but I'm sorry I can't offer any help.
beber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
05JeepMan
2005 WK 

I ended up returning the flashpaq as suoerchips said the early 05's are blacklisted. Ended up trading it in for the max energy Hypertech chip. Only been running the premium tune but damn I sure do love it. Gained only about 2-3mpg which isn't bad given ice had a lead foot ever since the install hahaha. Gonna try the regular tune with premium gas then with regular as well to see diff in power and mpg. For us early 05's I'd highly recommend the hypertech chip. Let me know if anyone else out there has any additional mods they would suggest for mpg or hp. Have the k&n intake ans flowmaster exhaust for the growl.
Unread 09-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
CRCs_Reality
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beber View Post
I have the Flashpaq as well for my 2005 4.7L jeep. It tuned it once and then I could never change it back. Superchips was not able to resolve the issue. I just posted about this tonight. At least I'm not the only one, but I'm sorry I can't offer any help.
On my '05 Hemi, I ran into an issue a few months ago when I tried to revert to stock from the 87 octane tune so I could have a 'clean' flash to the mileage tune (prior to a long trip). I ran into a similar (but not the same) issue where it gave me a T-42 error (Vehicle file is not stock) when first plugging the programmer in, and would not let me return the vehicle to stock programming.

I called Superchips, and they were actually quite helpful in my case. It took a day or so, but they updated my online account so that the next time I plugged my programmer in it forced a stock reprogram, and hasn't given me any issues since (with multiple tweaks and changes over the next few months of use).

Not sure what error you got, but if it's close to the T-42 I had, I was told it had to do with early versions of the TCM not identifying properly and they run into it from time to time with both GC's and Rams.
If it were mine stuck with one program, I'd try and call them again (and I'd raise hell over it).
Silver WK Club Member #116
CRCs_Reality is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.