2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
kpcostello96

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo and my only keys are locked inside. I would normally use a hangar or someone like that but I am at school. Any ideas or solutions to get the door or the trunk or even the rear windshield (which can open on my model) open? Thank you!

kpcostello96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
kpcostello96

2005 grand Cherokee Laredo key help

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo and my only keys are locked inside. I would normally use a hangar or someone like that but I am at school. Any ideas or solutions to get the door or the trunk or even the rear windshield (which can open on my model) open? Thank you!
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
xjdantheman
1993 XJ Cherokee 

No idea but try asking in the grand Cherokee section.
xjdantheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
kpcostello96

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside

Unread 02-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
ISUzj
2005 WK 

do any of your friends have AAA? if they rode with you then they can use their unlock services, If you have progressive insuarance, sometimes that is part of your bundle if you selected it (1 buck a month)

otherwise, you will probrably be ponying up 50-100 for an unlock. unless you feel like replacing a window

Best I got... sorry
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
Jaashua
2005 WK 

This is why everyone should invest in road side assistance. I have it through progressive and it has been nothing but great. On that note, I have no helpful ideas. Schools have closets, there should be a hanger somewhere.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Why is everyone so against the idea of a locksmith whenever it comes to lock and key issues. They are not as expensive as you think.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
Budasac
2005 WK 

I've had big time issues with AAA and refuse to deal with them any more. Besides, we own Jeeps. We're supposed to be prepared. As far as lock-out assistance goes, I would suggest you invest in a magnetic "hide-a-key". Use a standard key blank to make a copy of your key (no chip), that way if someone does actually find it all they can do is open the door (and set off the alarm) it won't allow them to drive off with your Jeep.

I know it doesn't help you now, but you'll never be locked out again.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

I would use a hitch safe instead of a key box. You always have a metal rod to push the unlock button, antenna.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
colinzj
2006 WK 

If the school's a college, many of them include motorist assistance as part of your parking pass fees.
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
Shafer57
2006 WK 

A coat hanger will do more harm than good.

My opinion (As a locksmith), would be to see if Chrysler dealer will give you a keycode, and have a locksmith ut you that key from code for ~$15 and pick it up from their shop.

Or deal with it, learn from this, and spend the money for a locksmith to come out.

Aloa.Org, Find A Locksmith based on ZIP. Or Findalocksmith.com

^^ This will show you all of the licensed, insured guys in your area. Get a quote for the entire job, not $19 service call + "Opening Fee"
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #12
rsurran

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Try campus police?

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.