JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2005-grand-cherokee-laredo-keys-locked-inside-2072393/)

kpcostello96 02-04-2014 06:45 AM

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo and my only keys are locked inside. I would normally use a hangar or someone like that but I am at school. Any ideas or solutions to get the door or the trunk or even the rear windshield (which can open on my model) open? Thank you!

kpcostello96 02-04-2014 08:29 AM

2005 grand Cherokee Laredo key help

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo and my only keys are locked inside. I would normally use a hangar or someone like that but I am at school. Any ideas or solutions to get the door or the trunk or even the rear windshield (which can open on my model) open? Thank you!

xjdantheman 02-04-2014 09:09 AM

No idea but try asking in the grand Cherokee section.

kpcostello96 02-04-2014 10:37 AM

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Keys locked inside

ISUzj 02-04-2014 10:41 AM

do any of your friends have AAA? if they rode with you then they can use their unlock services, If you have progressive insuarance, sometimes that is part of your bundle if you selected it (1 buck a month)

otherwise, you will probrably be ponying up 50-100 for an unlock. unless you feel like replacing a window :)

Best I got... sorry

Jaashua 02-04-2014 11:16 AM

This is why everyone should invest in road side assistance. I have it through progressive and it has been nothing but great. On that note, I have no helpful ideas. Schools have closets, there should be a hanger somewhere.

AZ Jeff 02-04-2014 01:01 PM

Why is everyone so against the idea of a locksmith whenever it comes to lock and key issues. They are not as expensive as you think.

Budasac 02-04-2014 01:55 PM

I've had big time issues with AAA and refuse to deal with them any more. Besides, we own Jeeps. We're supposed to be prepared. As far as lock-out assistance goes, I would suggest you invest in a magnetic "hide-a-key". Use a standard key blank to make a copy of your key (no chip), that way if someone does actually find it all they can do is open the door (and set off the alarm) it won't allow them to drive off with your Jeep.

I know it doesn't help you now, but you'll never be locked out again.

10Xk 02-04-2014 02:01 PM

I would use a hitch safe instead of a key box. You always have a metal rod to push the unlock button, antenna.

colinzj 02-04-2014 02:21 PM

If the school's a college, many of them include motorist assistance as part of your parking pass fees.

Shafer57 02-04-2014 03:42 PM

A coat hanger will do more harm than good.

My opinion (As a locksmith), would be to see if Chrysler dealer will give you a keycode, and have a locksmith ut you that key from code for ~$15 and pick it up from their shop.

Or deal with it, learn from this, and spend the money for a locksmith to come out.

Aloa.Org, Find A Locksmith based on ZIP. Or Findalocksmith.com

^^ This will show you all of the licensed, insured guys in your area. Get a quote for the entire job, not $19 service call + "Opening Fee"

rsurran 02-05-2014 08:50 AM

Try campus police?

The time now is 01:41 PM.