2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Idle Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Idle Problems

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
johliatay

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Idle Problems

Hello Everyone, After doing a lot of searching I am looking for feedback and clarification.
When I am sitting at a light my engine will rev high and then go way down. On a few occasions it has stalled because it idles too low. It will start right back up but the idle problem continues to persist.
After doing numerous searches it seems like it could be the Idle Control Valve.
So I have a few questions.
Could this actully be the issue? (I am not sure if the 2005 has one)
If this could be the issue, can anyone please let me know where I can find it on my Jeep? (on other threads I have seen where to find it, but those are on differnt model Jeeps and the pictures or diagrams do not match mine)
Also if this might be the problem, are they easy to clean?

Sorry for so many questions. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they can find no issues. Any help would really be appreciated.

johliatay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
bmuhlbach
2005 WK 

that is what my Daughters 01 Escape would do it never throw a code when it did it.
bmuhlbach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
colinzj
2006 WK 

Which engine? 3.7 and 4.7 definitely have an IAC and the 5.7 probably does (but I don't know and don't have the FSM in front of me).

On the 4.7 (and I believe the 3.7), it's in basically the same place it's always been, too: On the throttle body right next to the TPS. It's easy to miss it if the resonator's still on, though, which may be why you're not seeing it.
Unread 07-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
kiesha
2006 WK 

hi, i had same problem on my 4.7, went to dealer they said there was no codes but they coud see the problem so they kept my car for 3 days and there was very easy solution as software update!!!
it solved the problem.
Merlin have tsb for this and he help me out.
Regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.