2005 5.7 hemi oil capacity - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2005 5.7 hemi oil capacity

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 11-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
slyedog

2005 5.7 hemi oil capacity

I was reading a thread upon searching my oil capacity being more than 7 qt's, but didn't read much to put my mind at ease.
My 05 wk hemi takes about 8 qts to hit the middle of the safe level my manual says it should be at with 7qt's.
I ran the engine for 10 min after filling with 7qt's, let it sit for an hour and checked it again.
It was at the bottom of the lower crosshatches.
I put in another half qt and it was at the bottom of the safe level.
After 8 it is in the middle of the safe level.
I called the dealer and they said that was about right.
Why doesn't Chrysler tech bulliten this???

slyedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
slyedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyedog View Post
I was reading a thread upon searching my oil capacity being more than 7 qt's, but didn't read much to put my mind at ease.
My 05 wk hemi takes about 8 qts to hit the middle of the safe level my manual says it should be at with 7qt's.
I ran the engine for 10 min after filling with 7qt's, let it sit for an hour and checked it again.
It was at the bottom of the lower crosshatches.
I put in another half qt and it was at the bottom of the safe level.
After 8 it is in the middle of the safe level.
I called the dealer and they said that was about right.
Why doesn't Chrysler tech bulliten this???
nevermind this post.
Delete if needed.
Apparantly it takes quite some time for the oil to get down in the pan to register on the dipstick properly.
Talked to a few people i know who have hemi's in their ram trucks and they have ran into the same issue.
slyedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.