Which ~2-inch WK lift for daily driver - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Which ~2-inch WK lift for daily driver

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 10-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #16
marcram
2008 WK 

Ok. So rear bilstein hd offers 3/8 inch lift. What is stock rake? I thought .5ish inches. So maybe .75 would probably be closer, but not enough of a mod. I guess 1.5 or 2 inch sounds more attractive to me, so just need to find appropriate rear spacers. Thanks for the help Kolak, do you mind pming me a quote for front struts? Thanks.

marcram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
marcram
2008 WK 

Installed my new AEV center caps, and measured the current wheel well spacing.

Here is the current rear wheel well spacing:

And the rear:

I may give the front 1.5" lift a try initially, then make rear adjustments as necessary.
marcram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
That labor seems REALLY high. The installation of the Rough Country lift is fairly easy to do yourself ... however if you are looking to have someone else do it, try going to a place like Pep Boys. They will put them on for about $150. If it was a full suspension system then I wouldn't want Pep Boys doing it, but simply putting spacers in is more than easy enough for them to do.

As for the lift itself - I can only speak on the Rough Country lift but I have had no issues whatsoever. The front does ride a little higher than the back. I'd say it's more like 1.5" lift in the back and 2.5" lift in the front. Here is my ride on 265/70/17 BFG TA KOs. You can see how the front sits higher...

I put in the Terra Flex 2" spacer lift by myself. A relaxing weekend project! My Jeep seems to sit much the same as stock except a good 2" higher. I like it being a little higher at the back because I load up with stuff and tow a trailer sometimes. MY Bridgestone 255 70 18s are rubbing a bit at full lock on the sway bar and the frame and I don't want to mess with the pinch weld and wheel spacers. I just bent in the sharp edge of the lower inside fender where it was rubbing a bit at full lock so it wouldn't nibble at the tire and the little bit of rubbing I still have I can live with. The Bridgstones are 32" in diameter so I get over an inch more ground clearance with them.

Last edited by oldsmoke; 05-23-2014 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: update
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #19
JeepMedic89
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
That labor seems REALLY high. The installation of the Rough Country lift is fairly easy to do yourself ... however if you are looking to have someone else do it, try going to a place like Pep Boys. They will put them on for about $150. If it was a full suspension system then I wouldn't want Pep Boys doing it, but simply putting spacers in is more than easy enough for them to do.

As for the lift itself - I can only speak on the Rough Country lift but I have had no issues whatsoever. The front does ride a little higher than the back. I'd say it's more like 1.5" lift in the back and 2.5" lift in the front. Here is my ride on 265/70/17 BFG TA KOs. You can see how the front sits higher...

That looks sick!!! What shocks/struts are you running with that. I am ready to order my RC but wanna make sure i have all my ducks in a row.
JeepMedic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #20
CommanderDuner1

I can only speak for the Daystar lift on my Commander, I've been very happy with it, aI suspect poly does make a difference in terms of ride quality.
CommanderDuner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.