2" + Bumpers on WK 5.7 Overland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 2" + Bumpers on WK 5.7 Overland

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread Today, 12:39 PM   #1
Belo
2006 WK 

2" + Bumpers on WK 5.7 Overland

Hello guys,

I am Brazilian and English is not my primary language
Please forgive me for any mistakes, I hope you can understand me well
I'll try my best

I've put this question on a topic http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/r...23/index2.html

But friend luckyse7ens suggested opening a new topic
So here goes ...
I appreciate the help and patience of all

I'm new to the forum but have always been passionate about jeeps

I have a 1966 CJ5 with me for 18 years and recently bought a WK
2006 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 V8 4x4
And I'm also have a Mitsubishi Pajero TR4 4x4

I have read several threads about but I still have some doubts (perhaps for my weakness in English language )

I thank anyone who can help me explain in a simplified manner and if possible help me with links to the websites (ebay is good for me)

I'm researching 2" suspension kit + dampers for my Overland

I saw that one of the most used is the "Old Man" and saw at least one thread with complaints against Rocky Road Outfitters

But on topic with photos of WK Lifted the most used are, RRO Or Rough Country, i think

I also read something about the RRO bumpers are bad, but they have an option to Rancho Adjustable dampers. This is a good option?

I'll send the parts to a friend in Miami who will send it to me in Brazil
The Old Man lift might not be a good option because the springs are too big and the shipping cost would be unacceptable

Thinking about the best cost x benefit

What you suggest me to 2" lift Kit? RRO, Rough Country or Rust?
I also saw these
- http://www.ebay.com/itm/251285944430...84.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260805537933...84.m1423.l2649
The e-bay sellers can send me directly

What bumper suggest me already considering Kit 2 " ?
There can NOT be a very expensive, since arriving in Brazil I'll pay plus 60% in tax!

PS: My car is armored (Bullet Proof ) Unfortunately a reality in Brazil and therefore weighs about 150Kg (330 lbs) more than the original

Thank you very much for having me on this forum and I thank you for the help

Belo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 01:50 PM   #2
skibum555
2005 WK 

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest an adjustable damper like the Bilstein 5100 series. Any of the option you listed will be work but you will get less of a lift than other people because of the armor and extra weight. I would honestly go with "Old Man Emu" springs and then add whatever damper (bumper??) you want. Guys put extra weight on our jeeps with skid plates and accessories (winch, roof rack etc...) if you don't compensate for the added weight your ride quality might suffer or cause your equipment to deteriorate faster.

http://www.rocky-road.com/old-man-emu-wk.html here you can purchase just springs or a full suspension kit.
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 02:30 PM   #3
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum555 View Post
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest an adjustable damper like the Bilstein 5100 series. Any of the option you listed will be work but you will get less of a lift than other people because of the armor and extra weight. I would honestly go with "Old Man Emu" springs and then add whatever damper (bumper??) you want. Guys put extra weight on our jeeps with skid plates and accessories (winch, roof rack etc...) if you don't compensate for the added weight your ride quality might suffer or cause your equipment to deteriorate faster.

http://www.rocky-road.com/old-man-emu-wk.html here you can purchase just springs or a full suspension kit.
I agree with you, but the OME springs dont seem to be an option for him

The bilstein 5100s and f150 MLLs should make up for the weight if they do decide to stick with a 2" style BB amiright?
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 03:54 PM   #4
skibum555
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7ens View Post
I agree with you, but the OME springs dont seem to be an option for him

The bilstein 5100s and f150 MLLs should make up for the weight if they do decide to stick with a 2" style BB amiright?

Don't know how I missed that part my bad.

strut spacers and rear spacers it is.

wonder if Kolak would be keen on sending springs to Brazil??
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.