1st Azusa Trip with 4"super lift "Verdict" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 1st Azusa Trip with 4"super lift "Verdict"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
wccf91

1st Azusa Trip with 4"super lift "Verdict"

OK No action pics I was by myself with my 7 year old boy ,, But as for the 4" super lift Its rocks I was able to do anything I wanted get out of deep mud deep sand and do Hard trails & hard climbs , ,, But at a cost I put the jeep thru a hard trip no pansy stuff .. The only proublem I find with the lift is its just not high enought for thier recomened tire size I was rubbing alot front I tore up the inside fender well cover on the driverside also rear driver side I bent the fender seem out nothing a rubber hammer wont fix since its on the inside its not going to be a eye sore . I have to bend it back so the plastic running board and plastic fender cover will fit back . But I wanted more out of this lift ! The 4" lift isnt enought for the recomended tire size 285/70R17 In order to make them work for real off roading you will have to go with a 6" lift or do some fender mods .. Phunkeydude would like to hear your opinion on this .. Other then that this jeep can now hang with the big boys! Heres some pics

Unread 07-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
coloradowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccf91
OK No action pics I was by myself with my 7 year old boy ,, But as for the 4" super lift Its rocks I was able to do anything I wanted get out of deep mud deep sand and do Hard trails & hard climbs , ,, But at a cost I put the jeep thru a hard trip no pansy stuff .. The only proublem I find with the lift is its just not high enought for thier recomened tire size I was rubbing alot front I tore up the inside fender well cover on the driverside also rear driver side I bent the fender seem out nothing a rubber hammer wont fix since its on the inside its not going to be a eye sore . I have to bend it back so the plastic running board and plastic fender cover will fit back . But I wanted more out of this lift ! The 4" lift isnt enought for the recomended tire size 285/70R17 In order to make them work for real off roading you will have to go with a 6" lift or do some fender mods .. Phunkeydude would like to hear your opinion on this .. Other then that this jeep can now hang with the big boys! Heres some pics
Awesome pictures! In regard to the rubbing you are having it is a very common problem for everyone (WK&XK) I know some of the WK guys have bent back or trimmed away the sheet metal on the inside of the rear fenders. Doesn't change the appearance of the wheel well just gets rid of the rubbing issues (most of it).

Again, great pictures next time I want to see some action ones though!
coloradowk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
PR1AWRet
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking Commander
PR1AWRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Very Nice pics!

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
Phunkeydude
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccf91
In order to make them work for real off roading you will have to go with a 6" lift or do some fender mods .. Phunkeydude would like to hear your opinion on this .. Other then that this jeep can now hang with the big boys!

WCCF91,
Your right on the money with that statement. AEV recommends the 285/70R17 as the tire size for the 4" lift. They told me the 265's would look too small on the lift. However, 265's would provide more clearance in the front fenders. So I too am looking to add 1-2" onto the 4" Superlift for more clearance in the front. A friend who does extreme lifts on trucks (his is a 23" lift - not for every day driving) looked at the 4" lift on my Commander and did some articulations on some blocks to show me the lack of wheel clearance for front fenders and is going to first add 1" steel plates to see how that does and then may go to 2". His comment was, "it looks great as it is and would be fine for driving to the mall if all you wanted was show", but he knows I want to take it off road for some dirty fun and recommends 1-2" more for propper clearance. I already hacked the inside fenders for some room but he said dont cut more, just go higher.

Keep me posted on your endevors. Looks like you and your son had a blast. My 6 yr old son and 3yr daughter love to go Jeeping too!
Phunkeydude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.