18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #76
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

That's good to hear, I plan on going with the same size. Did you do the pinch weld?

Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #77
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

My spare does not fit though so I'm stuck with the original, how bad with a 3" difference mess with the traction and AWD system if I have to use the small wheel?
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #78
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

I aired mine down and trimmed the hitch to get it to fit. The difference in size will really mess up the drive train.
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #79
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch View Post
That's good to hear, I plan on going with the same size. Did you do the pinch weld?
No, how much did you air it down?
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #80
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

All the way its the only way I could get it to fit. It has 0 miles on the tire btw.
Unread 04-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #81
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

So you obviously carry a pump to air it up then if you need it? Guess that's better then effing up the drive system.
Unread 04-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #82
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Ya just a little $20 thing, and yes a lot better than wreaking havoc on the drive train. Hitch mod is pretty easy, just a saws all and safety glasses.
Unread 09-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #83
bob_frazier
2005 WK 

Can't thank you all enough for this thread!

I bought some 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara wheels (and they are a beautiful wheel) not knowing the 255/70 R18 OEM Bridgestone Dueler A/T's tires might work. I can't believe they might fit. Bonus! We'll find out how much mine rub on a stock rig. Interesting that the thread seems to say they rub very little on a stock rig but more on a 2" lift set up.

As for the guys with the Wrangler's dumping their 18's they are everywhere right now on Craigslist here in Arizona. Most sets are two or three years old, have 4 well worn tires and a brand new spare, and they're practically giving them away at scrap aluminum prices. I think I may pick up some more if they really fit, my Jeep is mostly on the pavement and not on the ice like up in Oregon where I originally bought it. When someone really designs a popular 18" Mud and snow they'll wish they had these nice wheels back.

Now, can I put my stock 17" Cast Ronin's on my wifey's '08 Chrysler T&C? hmmm....
bridgestones.jpg  
bob_frazier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #84
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Good find. Tire rub shouldn't be bad, might need to a slight pinch weld mod.
I enjoy my 18" Sahara wheels. Wish the design was a little cleaner, but can't complain as they are cheap.
I am trying to get Goodyear to make a 295/70/18 Duratrac tire, but so far no luck. I email them every few months.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.