18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #46
rheals
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboys
They fit, needed 1/4" spacers to keep from rubbing up front. I also have Bilstein 5100 struts up front at 2" and Bilstein 5100 rear with 2" RC coil spacer in rear. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-X...40/beach3.jpeg
Oh man that looks fantastic! Well done. Glad to hear they fit. Did you have any issues with the tire pressure monitors? Do they communicate with your jeep? I have heard that they changed the frequency in 2011. Thanks for your reply. I'll have to pick those wheels up!

Rheals

Unread 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
rheals
2008 WK 

Hey Flyboys after you put those tires on did you need to recalibrate your speedometer? Just curious.
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #48
Flyboys
2006 WK 

yes, i used my FlashPaq to fix the speedometer. You are correct the TPMS does not communicate.
2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 /Bilstein 5100 2" front / Bilstein 5100 rear with 2" RC spacer / 18" Jeep 70th Aniv. 7 spoke wheels 255/70/18 / SC Flashpaq 91octane tune/ Bwoody Sway bar endlinks F&R/ Pioneer Radio with Bluetooth HF Polk speakers/
2009 Yukon Denali XL
Flyboys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboys
yes, i used my FlashPaq to fix the speedometer. You are correct the TPMS does not communicate.
The whole TPMS thing is bs, my shop said $6 a tire as long as everything goes perfect. If one breaks it's like $100 for a new one thru them. There is a member on here that sells them much cheaper tho.
And I agree with old smoke above, I don't need more dummy lights. I am able to take care of my tires without sensors. Would really like to b able to turn these off!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #50
rheals
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch
The whole TPMS thing is bs, my shop said $6 a tire as long as everything goes perfect. If one breaks it's like $100 for a new one thru them. There is a member on here that sells them much cheaper tho. And I agree with old smoke above, I don't need more dummy lights. I am able to take care of my tires without sensors. Would really like to b able to turn these off! Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Thanks Flyboys. I'll have to recalibrate my speedometer like you did. And Bigdlensch, it's not about depending on the TPMS, it's about keeping options working if possible. Just cause I don't use my CD changer, doesn't mean I'm just going to ignore it. My thoughts.
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running the 255/70 18's with RC spacers- no rubbing at all (also 2" lift). Love the new tires, but I did notice a slight decrease in acceleration.
image.jpg  
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #52
rheals
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER
I'm running the 255/70 18's with RC spacers- no rubbing at all (also 2" lift). Love the new tires, but I did notice a slight decrease in acceleration.
Looks good. The lift makes a big difference.
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
zc911

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt View Post
On second thought and further inspection I think it would be a very bad idea to cut that as I believe that is is used to hold the upper yolk bolt in place while removing the nut.

Anyone with this setup notice much of a drop in fuel economy?
I just did bilstein 5100s and i cut the bolt. With air tools it;s not needed, and i am in the rust belt.
If you put an air gun on the nut and it just spins, the ball joint is done for anyway so you can just cut it off and repalce it
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #54
zc911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch View Post
The whole TPMS thing is bs, my shop said $6 a tire as long as everything goes perfect. If one breaks it's like $100 for a new one thru them. There is a member on here that sells them much cheaper tho.
And I agree with old smoke above, I don't need more dummy lights. I am able to take care of my tires without sensors. Would really like to b able to turn these off!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
I just put 2013 Rubicon rims on, and i used the rubber stem sensors that came with the rims and they communicate? Well 3 outta 4 do. All 4 worked for 2-3 days, then the front passanger side started working when it wants too.

Is there a sensor in the spare tire? i have an 07 CRD, and it tells me what the pressure is in 4 tires, nothing about the spare?
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #55
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
I just did bilstein 5100s and i cut the bolt. With air tools it;s not needed, and i am in the rust belt.
If you put an air gun on the nut and it just spins, the ball joint is done for anyway so you can just cut it off and repalce it
Good to know, thanks I will cut it off then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
I just put 2013 Rubicon rims on, and i used the rubber stem sensors that came with the rims and they communicate? Well 3 outta 4 do. All 4 worked for 2-3 days, then the front passanger side started working when it wants too.

Is there a sensor in the spare tire? i have an 07 CRD, and it tells me what the pressure is in 4 tires, nothing about the spare?
From what I understand as long as the JK rims are pre 2009 they are on 315MHz as of 2009 they went to 433MHz as for the WK "The TPM system operates on either a 315MHz radio frequency (2005-2007 Grand Cherokee) or a 433MHz frequency (2008-2009 Grand Cherokee)" from wkjeeps.com. So as long as you get wheels off the right year they should work.
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #56
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Hey Redliner. My Jeep looks just like yours only I have the white letters to the outside. I am having a little bit of rubbing on the inside frame/fender area and just wondering what kind of RC spacers you are talking about. I guess I need them.
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #57
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
Hey Redliner. My Jeep looks just like yours only I have the white letters to the outside. I am having a little bit of rubbing on the inside frame/fender area and just wondering what kind of RC spacers you are talking about. I guess I need them.
RC 1.5" spacers, I have ZERO rubbing.
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #58
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Wrangler or Grand Cherokee?

Redlyner, are you talking about your TJ or GC? The Grand Cherokee photo I am looking at in your post does not appear to have 1.5" spacers. I have a set of those that I tried on my Grand Cherokee but they caused the tires to rub on the pinch weld and stick out a little too far. I would need to add rubber fender flares on my Jeep. I was thinking something like a 3/8" or 10mm spacer might fix me up but I don't know.
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #59
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I do hate this two frequencies for the tire pressure sensors. I have a 07 and 08 and I wish I could swap tires between the two and keep the system working. I wonder how hard it would be to update to the 07 to 433MHz. The wife hates it when lights are up on the dash. I just ignore them.
Anyone running 275/70/18? I think that tire looks really good on these Jeeps.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #60
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
Redlyner, are you talking about your TJ or GC? The Grand Cherokee photo I am looking at in your post does not appear to have 1.5" spacers.

I don't run spacers on my TJ-

Pics of what is on the GC:
image.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.