18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 18" Tire Size Options fo 05 WK

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
JRLT
2010 WK 

I just installed 255/60/18's last week and they fit perfectly.

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Here is my clearance with 255/70/18 keep in mind they have less than half tread. I will probably need pinch weld if they are any taller and spacer if any wider.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm going with a street tire that is 06% smaller then stock so I should be good, thanks for all the input, it is really helpful.
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #19
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Thanks buddy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch View Post
I'm running jk takeoffs on stock suspension 255/70/18. No rub and I think they look great until I get an ome or super lift

Was very relieved to read your post. I have bot 255 70 18's for my Jeep and have been having a lot of anxiety over whether they are going to fit. With my 2" lift I am hoping to gain 3.25 inches in ground clearance which should make a significant improvement in offroad ability.
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke
Was very relieved to read your post. I have bot 255 70 18's for my Jeep and have been having a lot of anxiety over whether they are going to fit. With my 2" lift I am hoping to gain 3.25 inches in ground clearance which should make a significant improvement in offroad ability.
Hey no problem, did u c my later pics with my clearance? And is yours built before 1/2006?

Unread 09-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #21
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Do you think the higher tread of new tires will still clear the pinch weld? The ball joint bolt clearance should be OK judging by your photo. I may not need to use wheel spacers.
Unread 09-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
Do you think the higher tread of new tires will still clear the pinch weld? The ball joint bolt clearance should be OK judging by your photo. I may not need to use wheel spacers.
Its pretty close to the pw. New tires may have a slight rub. I can post an actual measurement tomorrow if you want. Only concern for spacers is caliper if your newer than an 06.
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

It's OK. I have bot the tires and I can see that they will fit even if I do have to smack down that pinch weld. I'll git 'er. My mud crazed buddy was over today and pumped me up for the job wheel spacers and all. My only worries now are that it will strill drive OK on the street and doesn't chew up ball joints, wheel bearings, and steering gear. Hopefully I get one trip to Moab out of it.
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
It's OK. I have bot the tires and I can see that they will fit even if I do have to smack down that pinch weld. I'll git 'er. My mud crazed buddy was over today and pumped me up for the job wheel spacers and all. My only worries now are that it will strill drive OK on the street and doesn't chew up ball joints, wheel bearings, and steering gear. Hopefully I get one trip to Moab out of it.
Cool! What tires did you get? Mine drives great on road, heck my mpgs actually improved by about 1 mpg average.

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I have the same Bridgestones as you, but I am doing a 2" lift and want to use 1.5" wheel spacers as well. From your pics it looks like the tires will fit without the pinch weld mod but if I use the wheel spacers they will probably rub because of the larger turning arc of the front wheel. The lift will make a wheel alignment necessary as it changes the geometry of the caster, camber, toe in etc.

In my case the mpg gain from the larger tires will probably be offset by the increased frontal area and under vehicle drag from the lift. Hopefully I don't loose fuel economy.

Scads of people have done these mods and I haven't read any horror stories here yet so it must work out reasonably well.
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Wrangler Sahara Takeoffs

Does the Wrangler Sahara wheel fit the WK?
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
Yes? Same bolt pattern but possibly 1/2" wider but that shouldn't matter.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #28
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
did they not fit? Did they hit the caliper? I finally saw in your sig that you have an 08 CRD, May have trouble with caliper but should bolt up with .25 spacer from my research on here. At least for gas versions, not sure if that matters.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #29
Radcrd
2007 WK 

I'm running the Wrangler Sahara's no spacer and no problems. Many others here are also running them.
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #30
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Thanks guys. So what are your reviews on the Sahara wheel. They look good on Ebay pics. Why are the Wrangler owners dumping them? They look like plasticoted cast aluminum? Some trouble with that type of finish in northern areas if the plastic is broken and roadsalt gets in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.