121ak's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 121ak's Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
121ak
2007 WK 

121ak's Build Thread

Needed a place to drop pictures and mod updates so here we go!

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK
Laredo w/Rocky Mountain Package

Day 1 of ownership.

1st mod was the grille. A few of the factory slats were broken when I bought it. Dealership hadn't replaced it. So I found the metal mesh mod on here.

I then debadged the rear hatch. Looks clean! I also put some VHT nightshade on the taillights but I masked out the reverse lamps.

Next up was plasti-dip on the factory wheels.

Since I use to work at Best Buy and still have my discount, I bought the iSimple aux adapter for the radio. I actually like the stock radio since I have Sirius/XM Satellite radio and it's the Boston sound system. Decided to mount the jack on the trip near the drivers footwell.

Moved to Idaho for the military. Joined a local 4x4 club and spent a Saturday taking it out on the trails. For a stock Jeep, it handled itself well.

Upgraded the rims and tires to some Wrangler take offs. While they are only 255s, I plan on upgrading to 265s soon.

New tire height next to a stock WK. Not much difference.

I have an appointment to get the 2" Rough Country lift installed this week. Roof rack, bumper guard and various other additions are on the list.

Unread 05-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
121ak
2007 WK 

Got the lift installed today. Loving the looks!

Unread 05-31-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
pancake
2005 WK 

Looks really good!
Unread 05-31-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
IBogusI

Did you need to run any spacers? Do you think you will need bigger tires?
IBogusI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
121ak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBogusI View Post
Did you need to run any spacers? Do you think you will need bigger tires?
I'm running 255/70/17s at the moment. They fit without spacers but they come pretty close to the bolt.

I'm in the market for new 265/70/17s and I will run a spacer for those.
Unread 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
IBogusI

Okay thanks! I plan on doing the exact same to my
Wk.
IBogusI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
pancake
2005 WK 

How are you running jk take offs without spacers? I thought they needed spacers to clear the calipers?
Unread 06-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #8
121ak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
How are you running jk take offs without spacers? I thought they needed spacers to clear the calipers?
Haven't had an issue with the calipers. The upper control arm bolt is awfully close and I only get a slight rub at full lock.

I bought some spacers that will be arriving this week to clear up those issues.
Unread 06-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #9
121ak
2007 WK 

Got the Hunter's Brushguard on today. Was a little pain as the instructions are practically not there.

Didn't add the headlight guards although I kept them.

Also, did anyone run the upper brackets through the grille with the metal mesh mod? I don't see how you would do it.
Unread 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
121ak
2007 WK 

Finally got the Rola Roof Rack on.

Mounted the spare tire up there as well. Tried several different ways with the straps but it still moves a bit.

Only downside, it covers the Satellite radio antenna. Might take it down.

Unread 07-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
121ak
2007 WK 

It's been awhile since I updated this build thread so here we go.

Had the front windows tinted last week. I also had the guy do the windsheild strip. It helps a lot with the heat here.

I then had the Rough Country 1.5" Spacers installed along with my new set of General Grabber AT2s.

My WK next to a stock WK

And then today I finally plastidipped the JK wheels and hammered out the pinch weld.

Up next is either the Hypertech programmer or a Kicker sub and amp package.
Unread 07-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
modernblueWK

Lookin good!
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #13
121ak
2007 WK 

Got some new goodies to add!

Just waiting on the 4xguard windsheild mounts.

Unread 07-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

I love this build!! So far it's looking great and clean! Quick question though, what % did you go with on the tint?
sheepdog918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
121ak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog918 View Post
I love this build!! So far it's looking great and clean! Quick question though, what % did you go with on the tint?
It's stock tint on the rear windows. The front's I had tinted to 25%. Darkest my local tint guy had.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.