100,000 Mile Maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 100,000 Mile Maintenance

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
rsurran

2005 WK 

100,000 Mile Maintenance

So I got my maintenance done this week. Coolant flush and fill, trans filter kit and refill, difs, plugs, belt, oil, washer fluid. $330 in labor, $440 parts and fluids. Took them 2 full days. Jeep is ready to ride for another 100k. Guess I could have done most of it myself but it was aggravation free this way not to mention getting rid of all that drained fluid. Good feeling to have it all done, like getting a new Jeep. Plus I probably would have procastinated another couple of months before I finally did it. Trusted local mechanic shop did the work.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Nothing like a fresh tune up.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Did they check the spark plug wire resistance, or have you previously replaced them? Most of the 05 wires are about 3 ft. long and, when in good condition, should have ~12000-20000 ohms resistance, end to end. Maximum resistance should be no more than ~10000 ohms per foot. Give some consideration to Taylor Shorty wires, if you need to replace them. I've had them on my 05 Hemi LX for about 6-7 years now and, IMO, they're great.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
rsurran

2005 WK 

I doubt they knew about the resistance measurement. We talked about replacing them but decided not to since I have'nt noticed anything. I suspect I would be getting misfire codes if there was a problem, maybe not. I probably won't check them myself now everything is all back together but I will remember what you said for the future. Thanks for the info.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.