'10 S-Limited Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > '10 S-Limited Build

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #61
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lovin this build. Your rig looks amazing. Keep up the awesome work!

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #62
jhf56
2003 TJ Wrangler 

dude this your jeep is so cool
jhf56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #63
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Thanks! No new updates yet (soon to come), but I've been doing some wheeling in Colorado.

Testing out the sway bar disconnects

In my parents front yard

Borla-S
USN_BlackWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #64
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

That is just awesome. Where were you? That's your parents' front yard?!

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #65
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
That is just awesome. Where were you? That's your parents' front yard?!
My parents just moved to Ouray Colorado... and yes, that last picture is what they wake up to every morning out their front windows (If only I could retire and move there this very moment... I would!) The rest of the pictures are various other offroad trails in the area.
Borla-S
Unread 12-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #66
rozco
1993 ZJ 

before i saw your build i thought wk's were more of a soccer mom's jeep. not anymore! looks amazing. any updates?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #67
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

It is Just a Beautiful Jeep, I love the way it Looks after you did your Mods. I see its been awhile since you last updated, Anything new with the Jeep or are you deployed?
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #68
justanotherjpr

Bump for a beautiful rig
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #69
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
It is Just a Beautiful Jeep, I love the way it Looks after you did your Mods. I see its been awhile since you last updated, Anything new with the Jeep or are you deployed?
Yes sir, about the hit the half way mark and a scenery change for the last 3 months... I left the WK under a car cover on jackstands with the battery disconnected and a full tank of gas + stabil... and gave the GF strict instructions to not touch or even think about touching it

I rummaged around the pictures I have saved and found one of my latest mod before leaving:

And guess where I spent my pre-deployment leave:

Elephant Hill and Finns and Things

I have some big plans once I get back starting with bigger tires and a winch + rock rails and other armor. Plus purchasing my parents '99 XJ for DD duties. Oh well, back to dreaming about the Jeep
Borla-S
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #70
jibbsnow420
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thats lookin mean as hell, did you rattle can the bumper?
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #71
ryanlamb00
2005 WK 

where did you mount your amp?
ryanlamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #72
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbsnow420 View Post
Thats lookin mean as hell, did you rattle can the bumper?
Yep, sure did. I'm disappointed with the results though. The clear I used had a capsule inside of the rattle can that you rupture to mix hardener with the paint. Unfortunately I still had problems with it being too soft even months later. So it looks like I'll be repainting it someday, this time I'll do it right and use a HVLP system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlamb00 View Post
where did you mount your amp?
The amp for the 6 mid and high range speakers is in the factory location behind the interior panel in the right rear of the hatch area. The amp for the sub is located inside of the sub box.
Borla-S
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:53 AM   #73
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

I should *hopefully* be home from deployment this week... Many boxes await! Plus a new jeep Updates to follow...
Borla-S
Unread 05-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #74
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
First time I noticed this build thread. Really good looking WK, and gotta say I like it you bought a new vehicle and cut right into it Jeeps are meant to be modified and wheeled, not driven by soccer moms on the paved roads

Been thinking of buying either a CRD or Hemi WK for a DD - if the money would allow This is pretty much the way I'd want it to look. How well does it perform off-road, have you ever measured how much total travel does the front-end have disconnected? What's the belly and rocker height? Yours looks like an IFS Jeep that could actually go somewhere further than the soccer field parking lot. Nice work

edit: Is that a flowmaster exhaust? I just installed a delta-50 series on my ZJ niner - it sounds good. ..but you gotta cut the tailpipe level with the rear bumper, it looks a bit stupid when it stícks out the back like that.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #75
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo_90xj View Post
First time I noticed this build thread. Really good looking WK, and gotta say I like it you bought a new vehicle and cut right into it Jeeps are meant to be modified and wheeled, not driven by soccer moms on the paved roads

Been thinking of buying either a CRD or Hemi WK for a DD - if the money would allow This is pretty much the way I'd want it to look. How well does it perform off-road, have you ever measured how much total travel does the front-end have disconnected? What's the belly and rocker height? Yours looks like an IFS Jeep that could actually go somewhere further than the soccer field parking lot. Nice work

edit: Is that a flowmaster exhaust? I just installed a delta-50 series on my ZJ niner - it sounds good. ..but you gotta cut the tailpipe level with the rear bumper, it looks a bit stupid when it stícks out the back like that.
Thanks!

I've never measured the travel, but its not horrible with the sway bar disconnected. Nothing like a solid axle rig though. I'll say that I've never had a problem with traction and have conquered anything I've tried in Moab and Colorado... The lockers help of course. I'll try and get some measurements when I get home.

The exhaust is a Gibson, and I really like it. I agree about the tip though and will eventually cut the fascia to move it upward.

I've owned both the 3.0L diesel and this 5.7L. I loved the diesel and miss it, but the 5.7 just ended up being a better vehicle for me.
Borla-S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.