'09 CRD Alarm Issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-14-2017, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Judd97
2009 WK 

'09 CRD Alarm Issues

Help. I've just searched the archives but can't quite find my issue. I've now had enough of this problem and could really do with some help!

Firstly, its a UK spec CRD Overland. Wonderful most of the time - towing, moving trailers, holidays. But... last week the alarm started having a mental. First I noticed was a red light on the dash for longer than usual when starting in the morning. It was simply round, with no symbol. So I looked it up and it said alarm. But nothing really associated with it, so I ignored it.

Then the alarm went off while I was at home. So blipped it open and shut and all was fine.
A day later and it was going off in the car park at work. Blipped open and drove off, all was well.
A few days after that and it went off almost exactly every hour, 9.15, 10.15 etc until at 2.30am I got up and disconnected the battery. That shut it up.

Weekend before last, I had a look at the hood sensor, then tightened the boot latch, stripped and inspected microswitches and connectors in the boot. All good. Locked as usual all day from 11am to 7pm, when it went off again. So disconnected the battery, locked with the key and walked away. 2hrs later, the siren is going off. So I had a paddy at it, stropped a bit and got it to shut up (still the battery is disconnected).

Where I'm up to now, is I've had the codes read and I've got a low siren battery warning. Considering that the siren goes off when the car is left unlocked, I'm kind of reaching the conclusion that this low battery is my issue. But where on earth is it!!! And can I simply swap it out for a new one???!

Thanks for any help.

'09 3.0 CRD Overland. UK Spec.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 AM
kryton

Garage
Yep I was going to say siren alarm batteries as had exactly the same symptoms. I just swapped out the whole siren, it's behind the passenger headlight iirc
post #3 of 9 Old 08-14-2017, 11:25 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

There's a battery in the siren? Good to know.

2007 WK CRD QDII OME MD OMG WTF BBQ

post #4 of 9 Old 08-14-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Judd97
2009 WK 

Kryton - thanks for your time. I've had a look this evening - is it the ribbed ali module under the battery tray? Hopefully I've attached a picture to this post. I haven't done anything at this point except unbolt the tray. Looks like the red plug cover is off. I bet that lets water in. Although it might just be a latch system as there's no seal to it.
Attached Images

post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2017, 12:09 AM
kryton

Garage
Nope that's one of the ECUs. I don't know which one but something like the body control module. The siren looks like this iirc

https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/s...192651872.html

If you let me know your email address, I can send you a copy of the workshop manuals & parts catalogue if you like

I think the export alarm is different to US so might not all be the same. I think I read somewhere that some just use the horn for the alarm but definitely not the case is Europe & oz
post #6 of 9 Old 08-17-2017, 12:22 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

Since the WK in question is UK spec (right hand drive), I believe the siren/horn should be on Judd's *drivers* side.

2007 WK CRD QDII OME MD OMG WTF BBQ
post #7 of 9 Old 08-17-2017, 12:50 AM
kryton

Garage
Yep, I agree, behind headlight, within the wing / fender
post #8 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Judd97
2009 WK 

Thanks all. It looks very similar to a horn, just like kryton's picture. It was indeed on the driver's side, accessed from underneath. I bent the metal plate back, changed it, bent back and all bolted up. Now alarmed and all my fingers are crossed!!

post #9 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 01:08 PM
kryton

Garage
Cool, glad you've tracked it down & hopefully sorted the problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.