08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
gregk1090
2008 WK 

08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel

I have a 2008 3.0L CRD and I have started to hear a faint clicking/knocking noise coming from underneath the car. It is usually a single click/knock. I first noticed a faint knock when I would start the car, but nothing as far as driving it. I now have started to notice that when I first go to accelerate from a full stop, i will hear the same noise coming from under the car. I also can hear this noise in reverse, and when I'm slowing down to a stop. I have never heard anything while going more than 10 mph. Performance hasn't been affected in anyway.

Has anyone had a similar problem is their WK?

gregk1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
suzieque
2008 WK 

there is a TSB related to the front bearing, but I've not heard of this occuring on the 2008 models

http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0900108.pdf

DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes or the engine is making a tick, knock, rattle or tap noise,
verify the noise by checking the following:
1. Remove the accessory drive belt and listen for sound at 1,500 rpm.
2. Is sound still present?
a. Yes >>> This bulletin does not apply further diagnosis is required.
b. No >>> Proceed to repair procedure.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
click , crd , knock , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.