08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
gregk1090
2008 WK 

08 WK CRD clicking noise on accel and decel

I have a 2008 3.0L CRD and I have started to hear a faint clicking/knocking noise coming from underneath the car. It is usually a single click/knock. I first noticed a faint knock when I would start the car, but nothing as far as driving it. I now have started to notice that when I first go to accelerate from a full stop, i will hear the same noise coming from under the car. I also can hear this noise in reverse, and when I'm slowing down to a stop. I have never heard anything while going more than 10 mph. Performance hasn't been affected in anyway.

Has anyone had a similar problem is their WK?

gregk1090 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
suzieque
2008 WK 

there is a TSB related to the front bearing, but I've not heard of this occuring on the 2008 models

http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0900108.pdf

DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes or the engine is making a tick, knock, rattle or tap noise,
verify the noise by checking the following:
1. Remove the accessory drive belt and listen for sound at 1,500 rpm.
2. Is sound still present?
a. Yes >>> This bulletin does not apply further diagnosis is required.
b. No >>> Proceed to repair procedure.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
click , crd , knock , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.