07 Xk 3.7 stalling/power loss - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 07 Xk 3.7 stalling/power loss

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
citizen332
2005 TJ Wrangler 

07 Xk 3.7 stalling/power loss

I have been battling this for a while now.while driving at any speed the jeep will just lose power start sputtering and acting like its trying to die. Then the check engine light comes on some times it flashes. All the codes have been injector codes or random misfire code. I have changed the plugs and cleaned the throttle body. It did great for about a week and a half and now it's doing it again. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? If so please help

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
giulio17

To me it sounds like the crank sensor. Does it take a little bit then starts to shut off. How long do u wait to turn it back on
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
citizen332
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It never dies it just losses all power then it's back to normal after a few seconds
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
citizen332
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone?
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

Check the fuelpressure.... Then CPS.
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
dbjeeper

Hi all, I also have a '07 WK 3.7 but I'm experiencing a slightly different issue. If I'm on the highway, doing normal highway speeds, and am going to exit the highway, I'll get into the right lane, and as I approach the off ramp I'll coast onto the exit ramp. As I slowly depress the accelerator to pick up speed, the RPMs will rise for a couple of seconds then they'll drop and no matter how hard I press the gas pedal the RPMs will not rise like they should and the engine feels like it's not getting any power. I fix the issue by releasing the gas pedal the hitting the gas hard so that engine revs like it should.

This is extremely dangerous, as the truck doesn't accelerate until I release the gas pedal then slam it to the floor.

Any thoughts, comments, ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Doug
dbjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.