Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

07 GC Sunroof Won't Close All the Way!

34K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  kf4ayw 
#1 ·
Today, I noticed that the factory sunroof on my 07 GC does not close all the way. When "closed," the glass no longer meets flush with the roof. It is sunken about 1/4 inch. Naturally, we had thunderstorms roll through this evening. Looks like it fared ok, but we've got a few days of rain ahead. Any ideas on what may be wrong or how to fix it? I've checked the tracks and there doesn't seem to be anything that would block the roof from closing. Anyone else have this problem? :brickwall

#2 ·
One of the many reason I hate sunroofs. Never have figured out what the attraction to them is. The compromise head room, and eventually, the WILL leak. Not if, but when.

I make every attempt to never use mine for fear of the day when it stops working.

#3 ·
This happened in my 06 the other day. It rained and my garage and sunroof unit was dripping wet. Fortunately, everything still works fine. I open and closed my sunroof a few times (and did the upward tilt/ or vent, whatever its called) and now it works fine.. weird but its all back to normal. Hope this helps.

#17 ·
n00b Question

Sorry to reactivate an old thread, I guess is better than to open a new one on the same topic. I have a silly question, so please be patient.
On the second Service Bulletin provided by Merlin (23-040-06) it reads that in order to uncalibrate the sunroof one needs to locate and remove the sunroof fuse ("Fuse 44 in the Power Distribution Center located in the trunk").
According to wkjeeps dot com the Power Distribution Center for 2005-2007 is located in the underhood driver's side (http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_fuses.htm) moreover, the diagram does not show a location for Fuse 44.
Am I missing something?
Where can I find Fuse 44?

Thanks!

#5 ·
My power sunroof has a mind of its own as well. I usually wait until I'm parked to close the roof, this way I can make sure to give it a push up by hand to make sure it sits flush.

I don't even use the vent feature anymore.

#6 ·
mine does the same thing but it doesnt leak. it is noisy on the road though. sometimes it wont even close. it will go to the end and return to half open. its very annoying

do dealerships have to perform this tsb free of charge?

#14 ·
I walked through sunroof hell this summer, with rain every other day.

Finally I reset it by having it open halfway, pulling the battery, the fuse....plugging it all back in after 2 min and have not had one issue since last august.

#15 ·
I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee and mine was not coming up flush when it closed. Check this simple fix first. Close the sunroof to where it naturally stops when it is shut. Check on the outside it should be about 1/4 inch down on the back side. Push gently up on the glass until it stops (at the back of the glass). Locate the 4 torx screws (2 on each side). They are between the headliner and the sunroof (these screws run horizontal). Just tighten these torx screws (size 25). It fixed mine. Free and simple just they way I like it.

#22 ·
My sunroof has been leaking intermittently from the driver-side pillar. I have done all of the procedures to blow out the drain hose, clean the tray and try to adjust the glass to flush with the four torx screws. The glass would still return to a gapped position and I would have to push it up from the inside to try to get it to seal.

We finally had the perfect storm of torrential rains over the last few days and I ended up with a flooded footwell. I was determined to get this fixed as the rains are continuing through this week.

I was going through all of the recalibration procedures while the dehumidifier ran in the back of my 2005 GC Limited. What finally worked was to open the sunroof part way and then disconnect the battery for several minutes. After reconnecting the battery, I ran thru the recalibrate procedure steps 7 thru 12 as outlined above from the TSB. The glass was now actually protruding and I had to readjust it to flush using the four T25 torx screws to finally get my sunroof to (hopefully) seal properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.