07' Commander Window Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 07' Commander Window Problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
kream88
2007 XK Commander 

07' Commander Window Problems

Just bought a 2007 Commander about 2 months ago and I'm having problems with the main window switch. On the front drivers window when I goto put it up it will go all the way up then come right back down. Constantly does this. Also it puts the window down on the passenger side but doesn't allow for me to put it up from the main switch. All the other windows work fine when you use the switch at that window. It's just the main switch and the front drivers window. Is this a known problem? And will replacing the main switch fix it or is something else causing this.

Thanks,
Kurt

kream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Strange. I have not had your issues on our '06 XK. The two front windows have the auto up feature which is nice. However, the baggage that comes with auto up is that it has to have an obstruction sensor. If the window senses an obstruction, then it stops going up and goes down. This is a safety requirement geared toward kids and their hands, or worse, their heads getting caught by the moving window. I expect that it just senses motor voltage required for closure and if it goes above the threshold, then it assumes that there is an obstruction. This is similar to a garage door opener, or closer if you prefer. It may just be binding rather than an obstruction.

If I were you, then I would take the door apart and lubricate the window regulator with some white lithium grease. I would check the weather stripping to make sure that it is not obstructing the glass path. Worst case, you may need a new window regulator. Those are easy to replace and are generally cheap. I have already replaced two regulators on the WJ and all four on our sedan.

It could be a switch, but my money is on the regulator, the weather stripping, or the regulator motor just going bad.

'06 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, Quadra-Drive II, Black, 118K Miles
'02 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, Quadra-Drive, Inferno Red, 98K Miles
kentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
kream88
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks for the info I'll check the weather striping today. It only happens once in awhile. But more frequent as of late.
kream88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.