06 WK Grand Cherokee just bought have questions... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 06 WK Grand Cherokee just bought have questions...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 04-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
heres some answers
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

So you lost low end power adding a CIA?? Thats very odd, I dont like the stock intake setup, looks very clogged and air being blocked.

do you recommend a K/N drop in filter?

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
brianj08
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

So you lost low end power adding a CIA?? Thats very odd, I dont like the stock intake setup, looks very clogged and air being blocked.

do you recommend a K/N drop in filter?
i used a basic paper filter Fram tough guard. only 12$ at autozone and alot cleaner than what you probably have in there now. just keep up with a clean paper one and you are good, no need for an expensive oiled filter.

just my opinion
brianj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #18
paroxysym
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

So you lost low end power adding a CIA?? Thats very odd, I dont like the stock intake setup, looks very clogged and air being blocked.

do you recommend a K/N drop in filter?
i ran the AFE for prob 4 months or so, with my exhaust and my superchips the response to it wasnt THAT great. i mean it compliments my fastman throttle body nicely- however, i threw my stock airbox on with a quality replacement filter like a WIX/Napa gold and i found my low end was back and i ran nicely.

k&n drop in is nice, but too many people dont like it and after taking it out to clean it- i said f it and ran a wix.
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
OEM+
paroxysym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #19
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
i ran the AFE for prob 4 months or so, with my exhaust and my superchips the response to it wasnt THAT great. i mean it compliments my fastman throttle body nicely- however, i threw my stock airbox on with a quality replacement filter like a WIX/Napa gold and i found my low end was back and i ran nicely.

k&n drop in is nice, but too many people dont like it and after taking it out to clean it- i said f it and ran a wix.

Thanks. Ill be going out and getting a new filter. Do you recommend one to get a chip for the truck??
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #20
unobtanium
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08 View Post
To be honest I am more than likely going to go with the Magnaflow muffler and resonated exhaust tip setup from Kolak and eventually probably upgrade my stock shocks with close to 78k miles on them with Bilstein 4600s from him as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I am fairly new as well. I have had my white 05 WK Limited 4.7L V8 for about 2 months now and love it so far. This weekend I am going to tackle/begin my "expanded sheet metal grille mod" and paint the sheet metal I use with an almond white rustoleum paint to accent the white paint.

There is a ton of information to be had here from what I see so far and everyone is always helpful. Enjoy your Jeep for a long time as I know I will be doing just that.
I did my oem to 4600 at 70k miles. It changed the vehicle 110%. It's fun to turn now. I'm coming from a c6 z06 and then 370z sport. The jeep with bilstein 4600s is fun for what it is. With oem. It felt scary and unsafe.

Power wise I'm staying stock. If you want faster buy the srt8. I wanted more stability in low traction environs.
__________________
No repairs in 30 days and counting! Nirvana!
unobtanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtanium View Post
I did my oem to 4600 at 70k miles. It changed the vehicle 110%. It's fun to turn now. I'm coming from a c6 z06 and then 370z sport. The jeep with bilstein 4600s is fun for what it is. With oem. It felt scary and unsafe.

Power wise I'm staying stock. If you want faster buy the srt8. I wanted more stability in low traction environs.
Thanks for the reply,going to do some research on the shocks

I dont wanna go faster. I just like the sound of Flowmaster exhaust, and for intake, Im just going to buy a filter. Not looking for speed at all hehe..
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.