06 WK Grand Cherokee just bought have questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 06 WK Grand Cherokee just bought have questions...

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

06 WK Grand Cherokee just bought have questions...

Hey guys whats going on. So I bought a new jeep a WK. as you see in the title it is an 06. I want to get wheel spacers for now with the stock rims to widen the stance a little bit. Tires look to be new so I dont want to replace just yet.

What do you guys recommend for Shocks??? I would like to upgrade them
since these are still the stock originals. Truck has 93k on it.

Do you guys think it is worth Replacing the Muffler with a kolack kit or a FlowMaster???

what do you guys recommend for an Intake System??

Thanks guys cant wait to see this baby

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
modernblueWK

Read the stickies at the top of the wk page.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
brianj08
2005 WK 

To be honest I am more than likely going to go with the Magnaflow muffler and resonated exhaust tip setup from Kolak and eventually probably upgrade my stock shocks with close to 78k miles on them with Bilstein 4600s from him as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I am fairly new as well. I have had my white 05 WK Limited 4.7L V8 for about 2 months now and love it so far. This weekend I am going to tackle/begin my "expanded sheet metal grille mod" and paint the sheet metal I use with an almond white rustoleum paint to accent the white paint.

There is a ton of information to be had here from what I see so far and everyone is always helpful. Enjoy your Jeep for a long time as I know I will be doing just that.
brianj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Thanks, I did read the stickies but didnt find the answers I was looking for, so that is why I posted to get some more intel in detail. Thanks
Unread 04-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

no more info guys???

I need to replace the Ball Joints in the front. What do you guys recomend??

Also I want to do a 2" lift, what kit do you guys recommend?

What about Shocks, what brand does everyone like??

THanks guys
Unread 04-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
modernblueWK

Search the forum. Lots of threads about shocks and lifts.
Blue WK club #4
Unread 04-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
Search the forum. Lots of threads about shocks and lifts.
I been searching, just would like other peoples opinion. You could have answered some questions instead of just saying search. LOL
Unread 04-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
modernblueWK

Maybe the lack of responses will tell you something. Sometimes searching google for "jeep wk struts" "jeep wk shocks" "jeep wk lifted" and adding jeepforum.com in the search line will give you rests that are a bit easier to navigate thAn the search results on this forum itself.
Blue WK club #4
Unread 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
Maybe the lack of responses will tell you something. Sometimes searching google for "jeep wk struts" "jeep wk shocks" "jeep wk lifted" and adding jeepforum.com in the search line will give you rests that are a bit easier to navigate thAn the search results on this forum itself.
thank you
Unread 04-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #10
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

1. Is it upper or lower ball joints? The control arms will need replacing as the ball joints are pressed in. If it is uppers then you have a choice to go aftermarket which since you plan on lifting would be better.
2. If you want a full suspension lift I would recommend the OME lift. It'll net you 2-3" of lift in the end.
3. Bilsteins.
Unread 04-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #11
caulk04
2008 WK 

No need to replace the whole control arm if just the ball joint is bad. Pressed in joints are removed and replaced all the time.

That said, if your bushings are looking bad and/or the arm is rusty it's not a bad idea to just replace the whole thing.
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #12
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I have seem some replaced ball joints snap in half, if he is planning on lifting OP may aswell swap in RRO or JBA arms while he is at it.
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
What do you guys recommend for Shocks??? I would like to upgrade them since these are still the stock originals. Truck has 93k on it. bilsteins for performance, monroes for economy. depending on your budget- OME coils with bilsteins would be a great lift set up OR rough country budget boost with the bilsteins

Do you guys think it is worth Replacing the Muffler with a kolack kit or a FlowMaster??? im running just a magnaflow muffler on my 4.7 and made sure i purchased a muffler close to stock dimensions as it keeps the drone down and its not obnoxiously loud. flowmaster is a bit obnoxious

what do you guys recommend for an Intake System?? no i dont recommend an intake system- i lost some low end torque throwing an AFE system on mine
heres some answers
Unread 04-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
brianj08
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569
Hey guys whats going on. So I bought a new jeep a WK. as you see in the title it is an 06. I want to get wheel spacers for now with the stock rims to widen the stance a little bit. Tires look to be new so I dont want to replace just yet. What do you guys recommend for Shocks??? I would like to upgrade them since these are still the stock originals. Truck has 93k on it. Do you guys think it is worth Replacing the Muffler with a kolack kit or a FlowMaster??? what do you guys recommend for an Intake System?? Thanks guys cant wait to see this baby
I ordered the magnaflow muffler and tip from Kolak. Waiting for it to come so I can't comment how I like it but I am really excited to get it.
brianj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #15
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
1. Is it upper or lower ball joints? The control arms will need replacing as the ball joints are pressed in. If it is uppers then you have a choice to go aftermarket which since you plan on lifting would be better.
2. If you want a full suspension lift I would recommend the OME lift. It'll net you 2-3" of lift in the end.
3. Bilsteins.

Thanks for the response. Do you HAVE to buy the JBA or RRO aftermarket UCAs? or can I order some from 4x4 OE kind? When I do my lift.....

What Bilstein shocks you like?? I was looking at these ---> bilstien shocks

What is the OME Lift??

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.