06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L 4WD starting issues and hopefully fixed ticking noise - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-20-2017, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
dawn73adams

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L 4WD starting issues and hopefully fixed ticking noise

Okay not sure what is the problem is now. From the beginning I was having an issue with my Jeep starting last summer replaced the battery which was good in the first place. And still had starting issues so I cleaned the post and cables still issues of it just clicking. Check the starter and found the nut that holds the positive wire to the starter was gone so I put a new nut on and seemed to fix the problem. So then this winter which has been very wet her in Montana I went to the hills and Jeep ran great no issues at all with the way the Jeep operated went to go home and I had a knocking noise. Drove home fine no issue with power or anything. Found out these 4.7 have issues with the lash adjusters so I got those and a day before putting it in the shop to replace the lash adjusters it shut down while driving and would not start back up. No cranking just a quiet click.Pulled the starter checked it tested fine but it like the hot wire from the battery melted the post at the bottom. But the test light on the wire showed juice to the wire. Checked the other wire while turning the key no juice. Pulled the wires checked for broken wires in the pigtail nothing. Oh and replaced the relay twice now. I think the one I just replaced is good Jeep is back together check engine light on lash adjusters replaced valve covers on. Starter in still nothibg. Any ideas? Need it to start my daily driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.