'06 Grand Cherokee V8 rough idle and erratic RPMs - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > '06 Grand Cherokee V8 rough idle and erratic RPMs

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #31
DVB
2006 WK 

Yeah, lately that's all I've been looking at (RPM's) It started bouncing at 500 and 300 right before it died this morning. The last 2 times it happen seemed to be shortly after starting up in the morning. The last time my wife took it to the store (about 3 mi away) and it died in the parking lot while she was waiting for a car to pull out of a spot. I'm certain there was no more than 1/2 tank of gas that time and this morning I have less the 1/4.

As for surges, yes, If I accelerate to like 40mph and then let off the gas, when it gets down to 1000rpms it'll surge to 1500 then quickly back down. There are other times when I'm 40-50mph and let off the gas and it doesn't slow down, it just hangs there for a while..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.