06 GC Hemi engine ticking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 06 GC Hemi engine ticking

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
ennemme
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe
try another dealership...
Try another dealership

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #17
djbeat

mine started after my first oil change i got like 4k on it now still ticking
djbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #18
jglewellen

My new '07 JGC Hemi is ticking too

I just joined this forum to see if others were having the same problem. I work for Cummins so I know when an engine noise is good and when it is bad. The slight ticking noise I hear on light acceleration just can not be "normal". I took my new JGC into the Dealer and was told there is nothing wrong. I test drove another new Hemi Jeep and it made the same sound. The Service Manager convinced me that my Hemi is not the only one, but this does not make me feel it is right.

Is this ticking noise in every Hemi JGC out there? If it is not, what is the difference between mine and the quiet ones?

My Hemi only has about 400 miles on it. Does the ticking go away as the engine gets more miles?
jglewellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #19
jeep_on

It seems to be a normal issue with the HEMI. So so ticks a little, its just a nature of the beast. From what I’ve read about the engine in Dodge and Jeeps, they all seem to do it to some degree.

And if you work for Cummins, what are you doing driving a HEMI powered Jeep and not some beautiful Cummins powered DODGE RAM?

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
vtbert3
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
It seems to be a normal issue with the HEMI. So so ticks a little, its just a nature of the beast. From what I’ve read about the engine in Dodge and Jeeps, they all seem to do it to some degree.

And if you work for Cummins, what are you doing driving a HEMI powered Jeep and not some beautiful Cummins powered DODGE RAM?
Ok, HEMI or not, an engine should not make this noise if its parts are within tolerances. And the ones that say "it's normal" or "live with it it's a HEMI" blah blah, either don't own one or own one that does not make this noise. It is ridiculous that Chrysler will not admit that there is a problem and that they actually tell customers that this noise is completely normal and that you are crazy for thinking otherwise. People act like a HEMI is so special and so much different that every other V8 that it should make these crazy noises. When the MDS is running the engine on 8cyl it should sound like a normal V8. I mean come on, do you actually think the engineers at Chrysler sat around and said, "wait a minute, you know what would be cool? An engine that makes a sweet *** ticking noise when accelerating. I mean I always wished my Tahoe would sound like a run down POS fresh off the lot." This is a design defect...

UGH, can anybody give any input on what the ACTUAL cause is???? lifters, exhaust guides etc.???

Last edited by vtbert3; 05-14-2007 at 05:27 PM..
vtbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #21
cherokee04
2005 WK 

I'm not sure what is considered normal, and what isn't, but mine has a light tick when it is idling -- you can't hear it from inside the Jeep, but you can hear it if you're standing next to it while it's idling -- but as soon as I accelerate the ticking goes away. It had a louder tick when it was new, but I changed it over to 0W-20 synthetic oil when it had about 1,500 miles on it, and it has been a lot quieter ever since.
cherokee04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.