06 Airbag light was random/Now On all the time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 06 Airbag light was random/Now On all the time

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 08-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Sxynerd
2006 WK 

06 Airbag light was random/Now On all the time

I hate to be "That guy" but the search isn't working for me.

Can someone point me in the direction of a fix troubleshooting thread or if it's a common issue, tell me what to fix.

It's a 06 WK with 70k miles, no accidents. Last year, the light would turn on with the chime once in a blue moon randomly and then shut off. It began to increase in frequency and now it's to the point where it's on all the time.

I do not drive the WK very often and I was not told of the issue till it the light was on all the time.

searchresults.png

Sxynerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Check the wiring under the seats. Sometimes they can get bunched up and set off the light.
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
JeepCares

Do you have a way to check and see if there are any codes?

(BTW, the search is now working for me.)
Unread 08-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Do you have an aftermarket radio/head unit?
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Burtman88
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I am also having the same problem i have tried resetting it many times with my super chips programmer. I cant figure it out and its annoying to see it on the dash. It happened one day when i leaned on the passenger seat with my knee. I only weigh 145 pounds so it couldn't be from to much weight.

00 WJ

09 WK Hemi, 2.5 inch Rc lift, Super chips,Gibson 3 inch catback, rough country spacers, Voolant Cai,lockpik, Falken Wild peak At 265/70R-18
Burtman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

On my WJ, it was a bad airbag control module (ACM). I just replaced it with a used one from an '04 from eBay, and the issue is gone. The module is under the center console.

Tags
airbag , light , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.