Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

06 5.7 superchips 3874 failed

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Toole 
#1 ·
first attempt at 87 tune. made it to end of process. it says clearing dtc's and once its finished says procedure failed. goes into recovery mode, reattempts to install stock tune i assume, then fails again. over and over. waiting on reply to email from tech@superchips. sigh

#2 ·
strange... my jeep has been sitting all night, since my failed attempts to reprogram it... i just went outside to roll it out of the driveway to the curb and it started! :0 oh my!
but i think my programmer is still locked in recovery mode. good lord.
at least it started. i was getting it ready for a tow to the dealership to reflash the ECU. whew.

#5 ·
at least someone responded to your email. ive sent 4 with no reply.
it started, but I haven't driven it yet. once i get everything sorted out, ill be getting rid of this ****ty product. too bad i just dropped $500 on it.

#6 ·
I had the same issue today. I called the superchips tech support, the guy had me plug it into the computer and run ignition, he completely reset it, and had me load the tune again. I did that.... BAM.... Failed. I came back in and plugged it back in and he said the log shows the tune successfully uploaded to the jeep but he's not sure why he got the fail message and said to disregard it... he said they also have the same issues with some dodge trucks.

#7 ·
good lord. thats is unacceptable. it should be as easy as they say it is. it is my first experience with this product and unfortunately it will be my last. was excited to try it out. :(
oh well.

#10 ·
Sorry you're having problems. Sounds like their customer service has really tanked from years ago when they first came out. I've had both Superchips and Diablosport Tuners for my Hemi LX ever since they came out in mid/late-2005. Never had any issues with either. When I bought my 06 WK Hemi in 2009, the first thing I did was to buy both Superchips and Diablosport Tuners for it. Never had any issues with them either. I couldn't live without the Superchips for the WK, mainly because of their Advanced Transmission Tuning Application (ATT) allows me to set up the transmission up/down shift schedules and the light and WOT torque management settings the way I want them. Without this feature, IMO, the 545RFE transmission is garbage.

#12 ·
update: atleast on my end... When I first got the superchips it kept failing and going to recovery mode every time I tried to load a tune which locks it and you can't use it to do anything else essentially. After 4-5 phone calls (over about a week) they got me the correct files and updated it, all is well with mine now.

Hope you got a solution for your issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.