Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

05' WK Limited Hemi New Tires

545 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Labswine 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm looking to get new tires on my WK pretty soon and right now I'm looking at getting a set of General Grabber AT2 255/65R17. I was wondering if anyone knows if these would fit on a bone stock WK that came with the 235/65R17 stock. Also looking for suggestions on any other tires that you might recommend. I believe I saw somewhere that 265/65R17 is the largest tire that can go on a stock WK but it might rub. Is that the largest, if not what is the largest that can fit without any modifications or rubbing. Thanks in advance for you help and advice :highfive:

#3 ·
If I might suggest... Hankook Dynapro ATm in your desired size. I have them on my '08 Overland and love them. I have the 255/70R18 species (32" tall) but I also have a 2" lift and 1" spacers. They aren't expensive, great tread in the snow, stable in heavy rain and quiet.

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion on the tires, I'll take a look at them. What lift are you running? Is there a good thread here that discusses the different lift kits that work for the WK. I've wanted to get a lift but I'm not sure that the options are. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Here is a pic of 255/65/17 on my WK. I have the 5100's at lowest setting and moog HD ball joints which don't go down as far as stock ones. I ran the GG At2's for a year stock and it did not rub. It was tight with the stock bolt. Grabbers are good tires but just replaced these with the new Yokohama Geolandar at GO15's they are not as aggressive but better traction in all conditions

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.