05 WK Airbag light on? WTF? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 05 WK Airbag light on? WTF?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
tom19511
2006 WK 

Airbag

Like a reader before. I had a GPS plug in the right side outlet without the gps plugged in..I didnt realize it at the time.. I remembered and removed the plug.. Wala its off and stays off. Wierd!! YUP.. It worked for me....

2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
AnotherWK
2005 WK 

I have a similar issue. Whenever my dad or buddy jj get in the passenger seat the airbag light comes on. It's strange. They are both fairly large guys... Ok, jj is a big guy. But whenever the wife or I sit there it doesn't. JJ calls it the "it's time to lose weight light"! Lol
AnotherWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #18
skrach77
2005 WK 

Found my provlem. My son's portable DVD player was plugged into the passenger side cig lighter. However, the charge cord was not fully pressed into the DVD player causing a short (the battery light was flickering on and off on the DVD player). I pressed everything in tight and now no more airbag light!
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Mine did this yesterday. I reset the driver seat (all the way up, all the way back, then to center) & the light went off. Came on again this morning, though. Same procedure - same result.

I do have an FM transmitter for my iPhone. If it does it again, I'll check that too. Idk.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #20
Rogers417
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train View Post
Mine did this yesterday. I reset the driver seat (all the way up, all the way back, then to center) & the light went off. Came on again this morning, though. Same procedure - same result.

I do have an FM transmitter for my iPhone. If it does it again, I'll check that too. Idk.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Just tried this and it worked. Hopefully it won't come back on like yours, and hopefully this keeps it off long enough to pass inspection and hopefully it won't be triggered during the inspection
Rogers417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogers417
Just tried this and it worked. Hopefully it won't come back on like yours, and hopefully this keeps it off long enough to pass inspection and hopefully it won't be triggered during the inspection
I almost forgot about this thread. It's been crazy @ my house. LOL!

I just wanted to add that there's a yellow connector under the driver's seat that seems to get loose (even though it never feels as such). I have noticed that pressing this together seems to get rid of that light.

I've been meaning to go the zip tie route like BAD68GTO mentioned, but again, it's been a little hectic lately.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.